Chapter 22: Dinner With The Parents

"How was your day?" Alex asked as we laid in my bed, both of us staring at the ceiling.

"It was nice. I talked things out with Kelley."

"That's good. I'm glad."

"Yeah, me too. How was yours?"

"It was good. I had an English quiz today and I had a good feeling about it." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"That's great." I paused for a few seconds. "Do you ever think about that time that we broke up?" I asked hesitantly.

"Sometimes. Why?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to go through it again." I said a little quietly.

"Do you still not trust me?" Alex said, sounding hurt.

"No, I do! I do trust you. It's not that. I'm just afraid I'm gonna lose you. You could do so much better than me."

"Hey, don't say that." She said softly. "I can't find better than you because you are the best for me. I love you."

"I love you too." I grinned.

There was a long silence after that. Both of us pondering our thoughts until I finally spoke up.

"The sex was great though." I smirked.

"The sex was great." She giggled. And rolled towards me, hiding her face in me chest.

"What made it so good? Like I don't understand. What was it?" I laughed.

"Maybe all the built up tension or anger? I don't know." She laughed some more.

"Wanna break up again?" I said as I tried to hide my smile.

"Don't you even joke about that. I never want to break up with you again. And with the sex part we can practice." She smirked and started kissing my neck, making me laugh and wrap my arms around her in a much needed hug. Which led to.. More...

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna get ready." I said as I got up from my bed where a naked Alex was laying, with only the sheets to cover her.

"Ready for what?" She asked.

"We're having dinner today with my parents." I grinned and grabbed a fresh set of clothes to change in to after I shower.

"Oh really? Thanks for letting me know." Alex laughed. "Come on. We'll shower together." She kissed my shoulder blade.

--------------------------------------------

My mother laughed as she told another embarrassing story of my childhood to Alex over dinner.

"Oh yeah she was quite the troublemaker." My dad laughed along with Alex while I sat there with a frown, trying not to smile.

"So, Alex, what are your plans for the future?" Mom asked.

"Well, I plan on going to UCLA and hopefully make a career out of soccer but if that doesn't work out I want to be a teacher." She smiled.

"You didn't tell me you wanted to be a teacher." I smiled at her.

"It's just a backup plan."

"It's good that you have a plan b. You seem very serious about this." My father said.

"Yeah I am. Soccer is my life and hopefully I'll be able to do that with Tobin." She smiled and interwind our hands on the table.

"Oh, you are so cute together. You better hold on to this one Toby." My mother said.

"I plan on it." I kissed Alex's hand.

"So have you decided what college you're going to?" Alex asked and a look of fear flashed in my eyes.

"Well she's going to Yale of course." My mother smiled proudly.

"Yes. Our little Tobin is getting only the best." My father agreed with a smile.

"Oh." Alex said and tried to cover up her disappointment but I knew her better than that.

I was washing the dishes when Alex came over behind me.

"You didn't tell me you made up your mind. I mean Yale? Where did that co-" She said before I cut her off.

"I didn't." I said, keeping my gaze on the sink.

"But your parents-"

"My parents don't care that I want to do soccer." I said, still refusing to meet her gaze.

"But they seemed pretty ok when I told them I want to do soccer."

"Because you're not their precious little daughter that needs to dress nicely and behave and have their dreams for her instead of her own. Ya know what just forget it." I mumbled as I finished washing the dishes and went to my room.

I heard Alex mumble an apology to my parents before quickly following me to my room.

"Tobin, wait." She said as she shut the door behind her after entering my room.

"What?" I said a bit too sharply than I intended.

"Look, you said your parents are accepting and stuff so just explain to them that this is your dream. That that's what you want to do in life."

"And you don't think I've tried that already? I did everything I possibly can to make them understand but they are so old fashioned and I don't know."

"So what do you plan on doing? Give up your dream?" She asked.

"No. I'm just not going to tell them that I'm going to UCLA." I said quietly and I guess she didn't catch the name right away because she continued talking.

"What do you mean not telling them? How are you going to not tell them that you're going to a different college? What if they find out? How is-" she stopped. "Wait... UCLA? You plan on going with me?" She stood there shocked.

"Yeah. I mean, they have a really good soccer program so why not?" I smiled.

She walked over to me, closing the 3 feet distance we had between us and wrapping her arms around me, burying her head in my neck.

"You're the best." She smiled and looked up at me. "What happened to UNC?" She asked.

"They didn't have you." I grinned.

"So cheesy." She smiled and kissed the bottom of my neck as I kissed her temple.

"So how are you going to go with all of this Yale thing?" Alex asked, still hugging me.

"Well I'm going to tell my mom and dad that Yale is too long of a drive or flight so they don't need to come with me and I'll just go to UCLA instead. And about paying, let's just say someone in Yale is going to have a surprise scholarship." I explained.

"Wow you really thought this through. Isn't Yale like really expensive though? You don't mind letting your parents spend so much money for nothing?" Alex asked.

"It's not for nothing, someone is going to study for free. Which is kinda awesome because then they'll have more money to pay for other stuff like food and a house and whatever they want."

"That's really sweet of you. I just hope this all goes right and your parents won't think I'm bad for you if they find out."

"Hey, this is my decision. They can't blame you for something I wanted."

"Ok." She said cutely and buried her face in my neck once again.

Word count: 1168

Song for this chapter: Little Mix - Secret Love Song Part II (ok but this song is the bomb js)

A/N: Please read!!
Would you guys want me to do like a book q&a? Like you could ask the characters and me question about the book and stuff. Idk just thought it'd be cool. Let me know what you guys think.
Vote, comment, follow and whatever.

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy