Coming to You ~ Chapter 7

KAYLEE'S POV

You know those high school movies where the girl gets the popular jock in school, and every other girl hates her. Yeah well that's me in my pack. Kayden, being the future Alpha, was the guy girls wanted to be mated with, so now that Kayden's not single anymore they think I'm bad for taking him. Like this girl Michelle, I've never really been friends with her but we were friendly towards each other, now she's been giving me dirty looks and whispering things to her friend whenever we makeeye contact. Like honey, I'm not stupid.

It was Kayden's birthday, and his parent's threw him a party just like they always do for his and Kaitlin's birthdays. It was the same as every other one, except this one I was a lot more involved in. The whole pack was here, eating and hanging out with friends.

Kayden and I were talking to some of his friends, I knew a few but Kayden had to introduce me to everyone as his mate. It was pretty cute, and I totally loved him saying "my mate" to everyone.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some soda. Do you want one?" I said pulling away from the arm he had around me the entire day. Kayden smiled, and nodded.

"Sure, I'll have a Mountain Dew." He said before smiling, and going back to talking with his friends. I smiled and walked over to the drinks where Kaitlin was.

"Boo!" I said startling her, making her spill her drink on her.

"Shit!" She said looking down at the damage. Eh its wasn't bad. "Are you fuc*ing kidding me?" She said laughing.

"So what's up gurlie?" I asked laughing. "I haven't seen you all day."

"I know." She said taking a napkin to wipe the little water on her dress. "You've been too busy sucking my  brother's d!ck the whole day." She said and I started blushing, I did not!

"No!" I told her, and then her face went bright red and disgusted.

"Oh my god! I meant it as an expression!" She said, then everything got awkwardly silent.

I stood there for about 5 seconds before we simultaneously started cracking up.

"What's so funny?" Suddenly Kayden asked when he came over. I couldn't answer him, I couldn't even get a word out I was laughing too hard.

"Whoa, that was funny." Kaitlin said, wiping the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Don't worry about it Kayden." I said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing me into his chest. His normal scent embraced me, taking me by surprise even though I should be used to it by now.

One thing that everyone should know about me, is that I'm a terrible liar. If I were given a secret that the government keeps from us about aliens, if someone asked they would know by my face. So with Kayden's birthday present, I'm trying to just forget about it until we get to it. It wasn't somethingreally big, I can't really afford that, but I thought mine was thoughtful and sweat or at least I hoped it was. My Dad's brother has a lake house up in the mountains and I was able to get it for the weekend. I really hoped he liked it, because it wasn't really easy to  get my Dad to say yes. We were going to leave tomorrow and come back monday morning, under the circumstances I call my dad everyday to make sure I wasn't kidnapped by cannibals or something. 

"You okay? You've been acting weird all day." Kayden said quietly to me. F*ck, just act normal.

"What? Noooo, I'm fine. Stop worrying about me, birthday boy!" I said trying to act as normal as I could, but probably failed by the confused look on his face.

"You sure, we could go if you want." He said and to shut him up, I pulled his face down and kissed him. He must have forgotten about what we were talking about because when he pulled away, he just smiled and rested his forehead on mine.