49%

"Come skating with me," Olli begs, tugging on my hand. "I know you're upset about yesterday and stuff, but you need to get your mind off it for a bit before you go back."

"I have to do my internship today," I mumble, brushing my teeth with my yellow brush. "Maybe some other day."

"After it?" I sigh, running a hand through my messy hair. Taking a brush, I try to smooth out the knots and general grossness. 

"Maybe," I breathe, tying my hair up in a high ponytail. "But I need breakfast, I can't think about skating right now." Olli tags along wherever I go, and eventually I ask, "Are you magnetically attracted to me or something? Cause I kinda wanna do my own thing right now." Without bothering to listen to a word of what he has to say, I grab an apple, my bag, and head out. 

***

"Please, I really want you to go skating, it's better for you than me," Olli begs, pouting cutely. I look away, but he tilts my face to look at his. 

"What haven't we done in a while?" I deadpan. He shrugs, listing a bunch of things. 

"Gone on vacation, played a real real hockey game, made muffins, had a movie night--"

"Not precisely what I'm getting at," I interject. My hands wrap around the back of his neck as I pull him down for a kiss. I don't let him pull away, letting my hands move to his back as his lips and hands finally catch up. Our lips move in harmony, and I taste the mint from his gum before I release him.  

"That's a pretty big thing," Olli chuckles, breathing hard as we still stand inches from each other. I nod, and he pushes his lips to mine again, grabbing my hands and moving them to his face again. I hold him sort of still as his fingers run through my hair, calming me and making the kiss more natural from my perspective. 

"Thank you," I smile while out of breath. "That's what I've been missing lately."

"Hot make out sessions? We should definitely do that more often..." He leans down again, his hands on my waist. His lips brush mine when there's knocks at the apartment door and a cheery voice shouting,

"Wakey wakey, sunshines, it's time to party!" I roll my eyes, opening it to see Beau and Kris. 

"You're supposed to be Sunshine," I shoot back, and his teammate rolls his eyes,

"That's what I was trying to tell him." 

"And what's this craziness about a party? I have to go to the hospital for my internship today, 10-4." Beau's smile drops, and he sighs. 

"I was gonna have a group of the guys get together for a pool party, but then I remembered you, and I thought you could join us, but I guess we won't go cause things like that aren't fun without you," he rushes out. I frown, pointing out, 

"I hardly participate in conversation."

"Everyone loves you; you just being there makes people happier. You and Olli both. People adore you, including the guys."

"I don't know if I'd use the word 'adore'," Kris interjects, and I chuckle. "More like, 'tolerate to a point'." He winks at me before turning back to his friend. 

"Can we do that tomorrow?" I ask, checking the weather on my phone. "It's supposed to be nice and sunny, high of 76 degrees, and I don't have any work to do. I've already taken the day off anyway, so we might as well hang with you."

"Shouldn't some other girls come to make it less awkward for Rosa?" Kris asks, and I can see the smirk. I know why he wants girls to come, and it's not because of me. 

"Well, some of the guys have wives and girlfriends," I point out cheekily. "Like Flower...so, you might wanna invite them. I wouldn't suggest any random person off the street or 'family friend' or some dumb shit like that. Just the guys and their significant others." Olli's arm goes around my waist and pulls my to his side. 

"You are not only my significant other, you are my other half."