#7

Nan watched Mina stare thru the cafeteria window, watching for Brody as he came out after practice. Ever since prom Mina had been acting so weird. She would jump when i asked about that night, she tried to be even more quite then usual and began carrying a note book around with her at all times. Mina was tapping her fingers against the window sill with her nose pressed up to the glass, her breath fogging the glass up. Nan licked her lollipop in her mouth, still watching her. Then Brody came out. His blonde hair wet still and he was pulling a shirt up over his head and laughing with one of his team-mates. Nan's breath caught in her throat and she quickly covered it with a cough. She couldn't do that to Mina, knowing she liked Brody. Mina stiffened. "Nan," her voice came out. "I need help."

"So do i." Nan said, grinning. "This cupcake is 300 calories and i am still planning on eating it." she pulled out a chocolate cupcake with sprinkles on it and swiped her finger through the frosting and licked it off her finger.

"No." Mina reluctantly turned away from the window as Brody drove away in his black mustang. "I mean that i need to talk to somebody about-" she stopped suddenly. Her eyes wide. Her lips began moving but no sound came out. Nan looked up. "Uh Mina? What in the world are you doing, darling?"

"Jared," Mina whispered as a hot guy walked into the deserted cafeteria. Nan didn't hear. "What?" Mina's eyes were wide but also slightly red. "Mina?" Mina looked at Nan for the first time since the boy walked in. "Who is that?" Mina's voice shook. Nan shrugged. "Its the new kid. Remember? The one i was telling you about. The one who is super HOT and you should go out with him." Nan bit into her cupcake.

Mina's eyes followed the guy as he left. "He's alive. . . I thought he was dead. After he and Grey Tale went down. . ." Mina trailed off. "What?!" Nan asked with her mouth full of cupcake.

Mina's head whipped up. "Nothing!" She stood up suddenly and tossed her bag onto her back. "I'll see you later Nan. Charlie is expecting you tonight." And with that she hurried out the doors after the guy who Nan had remembered his name.

Jared.