#15

Kira scratched her head and pulled her cap down over her eyes more. She didn't want to be noticed anymore then a human already could be. She shouldered]ed her bag and continued walking through the bustling square. She knew that Zeke wasn't far behind, watching her back, but she still felt nervous walking around in the open surrounded by monsters was not the most comforting feeling ever...

Her wrist band beeped and she glanced down at it. A red dot appeared on the small screen indicating that a patrol was on her tail.

"Frack," she muttered under her breath and turned into a side alley.

She waited for Zeke in silence. Slightly worried but focusing on breathing and not inhaling the stench of monster trash beside her. Zeke suddenly was in her sight. He slowed from his sprint, breathing hard but non the less still fully aware of all his surroundings. Kira found it very unfair that a half dead person had more of a chance at surviving on his own then she did. "Why'd you stop?" Zeke's voice commanded an answer.

"Patrol. Their on my tail. Figured you should know."

"So you thought that stopping would be the best choice?" His eyes narrowed at her, giving her that look that meant that he was being sarcastic but the same time, very serious.

"Shutup, Zeke. I dont care if they find me. I wanted to tell you so you didn't combust when you find me missing."

"Stop joking, Kira." His voice was stern and hard. "I'm not joking, Bub." Kira retorted crossing her arms and cocking her hip to the side. Zeke's nostrils flared and he slowly closed his eyes. "Kira..." he warned under his breath.

"What? What Zeke? What are you going to do? Huh? Eat me?" Zeke opened his eyes and looked at her with a slightly hungering linger in his eyes. "Don't tempt me." He growled. Kira swallowed but wasn't afraid. "Do it. I dare you."

Zeke was silent. His half dead eyes boring into hers.

"I. Dare. You." She was almost seething. At least if she died, she would be out of her misery. No more missing her dad, no regrets. She couldnt even remember why she wanted to survive this to return to her world anymore. It had all just become a game. A stop, plat, repeat style of living. And she was sick of it.

Zeke suddenly had her pinned against the wall, his hand around her throat and his mouth near her neck in an instant. Kira gasped at his quickness, and squeezed her eyes shut. She felt his moist breath on her collar bone and she awaited the prick of sharp teeth on her jugular but no prick came.

"Be careful with what you say, Kira." his voice came close to her ear in a rasp and she shuddered. She felt him struggling to control his hunger but he released her neck reluctantly and she sucked in a huge breath, falling back against the wall. He stumbled back and burried his head in his hands for a moment. Kira regained her breath and looked up at him. He shook and still hide his face from her.

"Zeke," Kira breathed out. "I'm sorry..."

Zeke remained the way he was. "Just start running."

"But-"

"GO!"

Kira bolted.

And woke up.

She was still trapped. And alone... with monsters.