#16

Peter remained crouched down in the bushes, watching the football game the had the attention of everyone-but him. He had to keep an eye out on Wendy. He saw her in her red and black cheer uniform, cheering for her home team. Her curly red-blonde hair bouncing whenever she hopped and shook her pom poms.

He looked up at the crowded student section of the stadium and saw Tink leaning smugly against the rail, smacking gum in her mouth and her arms crossed. She wasn't happy to be out in the open. She didn't like feeling crowded, which was weird since she lived with 14 boys. 

Tink looked Peter's way and tapped her goggles on her head. He knew what she meant and turned his attention back to Wendy.

Just then, his back pocket began to warm. The shadow monitor began going crazy. Peter pulled it out from his pocket and held it in his hand. The sharp silver arrow was pointing toward the field. Peter felt Tink coming near him-seeing that he had ducked down suddenly and normally, she knew that meant danger of some kind.

She crouched down next to him. Peter's breathing was rapid. "Peter," Tink flicked him. "Why are you-"

"Not now, Tink." He stood suddenly, the hairs on the back of his neck standing.

Wendy was gone.

Tink stood too and Peter heard the sound of many bells as she spilled forth curse after curse. 

He had lost Wendy!

He turned on his heel, looking around frantically until he saw her running and ducking into one of the allies that surrounded her school. He saw the form of a large shadow gliding gleefully after her.

"Tink!"

Tink paused in her swearing and angrily glared at him. "What!?"

"Head down that way," Peter pointed in the direction he wanted her to go. "And corner the shadow. I'll go around and get Wendy." He turned and was about to walk away to save Wendy when Tink halted him. 

"Hold on now." She said. "Why do you get to save her? Why do I have to take care of the stupid shadow?!"

Peter grinned and winked. "Because, I'm the flying knight in shinning armor." He winked at her-which just pissed Tink off more-and ran to save the one girl he loved.