Chapter 7

" So wait, those guys work for a creep you locked up," Amber asked, staring at Reese. He nodded his head and glanced at her before returning his eyes back to me. I was silent. I just stared back at him.

"Well, why are they after us? Why not you?"

"Because, getting the people close to me will hurt me, weaken me, and he knows that," Reese said, continuing his eye contest with me.

"Chloe, you have anything to ask?" My name rolled off of his lips perfectly and floated right into my eardrums. His manly scent swarmed my senses, making it painfully clear how close he was too me.

I shook my head.

"No."

He nodded and Trey came back with a sketch book and a pencil.

"Ok guys, listen I want you to explain how those guys looked. We need to find them."

"That should be easy. Reese, it was those guys we seen at Waffle House. You know the one with the gun fingers," I said walking over to him and sitting in the chair next to his.

He stared at me. Realization forming into his eyes.

"I remember them perfectly. Hand over the sketch book. I'll draw it," he said.

Trey tossed him the book and grabbed Amber by her arms.

"Come with me pretty girl. Let me show you the hallways of this beautiful agency."

Amber laughed but let herself be pulled away. I shook my head at the pair. I could see it though. They were cute together. They would make a cute couple.

I glanced over at Reese who was concentrating on the drawing. Would we make a cute couple? I think so. I smiled a little to myself, picturing us as a couple.

Me leaning against his car with a cigarette hanging against my lips and him beside me, arms wrapped around my waist and face buried in my neck.

"What are you thinking about over there. Your smile is creepy."

I snapped out of my trance and looked over to see Reese staring at me, a goofy gin on his face and the sketch book and pencil on the table beside him.

"Nothing. Just thinking."

"Uh Huh. Why are you lying to me?" he asked standing from his seat and pulling me from mines. He backed me up until my back hit the wall and I was trapped.

"I'm not," I said, my voice shaking. How did he manage to make me feel this way?

His grey eyes stared into mines. Coaxing the truth out of me with every blink. Stealing my breath away with ever second.

"You are."

He pressed his body against mine. And leaned down until his lips were leveled with mine.

"I think you need to be punished. Lying isn't good Chloe," he said.

I took in a breath and watched as he pushed his lips against mines.

His lips felt even better then they did last time. Soft and gentle. If this was punishment then I should lie to him a whole lot more.

I went to kiss him back but he pulled his lips away, making me pout.

"Reese."

"Punishment."

I let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Reese."