Chapter 6

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry for the lack of updating. It's not like anyones reading this anyway, so I guess its just for my enjoyment. Vote for the story if your reading it and you like it please. I think I'm doing good so far. I corrected all the chapters so far and made them better. Anyways heres a long chapter for anyone whose reading this.

*Friday, last period of the day*

Alexis' pov:

Drake's new album Nothing was the Same was blasting through my headphones. It was just leaked last night, and its really good. I am wearing high waisted jean shorts, a Nirvana crop top, and a plaid shirt, and high top converse. My dirty blonde hair was hanging over my face everywhere. I was drawing in the back of my art class room at my table. I always finish early in art, and my teacher, Ms. Whirley loves me so she lets me do whatever when I finish my work. This week breezed by. I love my classes and my friends. I think I might actually like it better here than my old school at least. I mean its not better than the city life. But I didn't really like my school last year to be honest. Our lunch table now totally filled with people. Ellie Nash started sitting with us at lunch and she's really cool. I don't want to push anything or let my guard down with anyone. But these guys are starting to become my best friends. I wouldn't admit it though, once it becomes official people turn around and stab you in the back. So I guess I've kinda just been acting were all just acquaintances, no one has noticed it yet. I don't want them too, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But I just have a hard time with letting people in. I can't let people in, I was used too much, and now I can't have normal relationships with anyone. I hate myself sometimes. Bad thoughts always get to me on days like this, last night my mom got drunk and screamed at my dad on the phone for hours. Then I guess he finally hung up and she started throwing things at the wall. I guess she spared me last night, or was too drunk to even think about me. I'm thankful for it though, usually she comes and screams at me. It always tears me down emotionally inside. I don't want my mom to hate me and I can't hate my mom. No matter how many times she slurres drunk curses at me, or no matter how many times the men she brings home hits me. I love my mom with all my heart. Sometimes she's all I got, and if she needs to take out her anger from my dad on me, so be it.

Someone's hoodie covered arms grabbed my shoulders and started leaning on me. It startled me at first, but once I saw the hoodie I saw it was Eli. I spun around in my chair so I faced him. I didn't take out my head phones though. I smiled at him and bobbed my head to the music. It was so loud he could probably hear the lyrics. He started mouthing words like he was screaming but I looked around excepting to see my classmates. But I guess the bell rang. My teacher was gone also. Thanks a lot Ms. Whirley for letting me know class was over. I wonder how long ago, I saw the rest of the gang waiting outside the class room and they were all talking. As I was looking at them Eli pulled off my head phones and placed them in my palm. He was wearing a white v-neck, a black hoodie with white strings, black skinny jeans, and black vans, his hair was perfect as always. He stared at me with his green eyes, and chuckled. Then he crossed his arms and tapped his foot, implying that I was late again. I looked at the floor, then up at him, "I didn't hear the bell ring Ellllllllliiiiiiiiii." "I can tell Lex," he looked over my shoulder at my drawing. My heart started pumping loudly, I forgot that my picture was pretty depressing and if anyone saw it, they would think I had problems. Too late, I basically just drew a black hole with a pen. There were a lot of rips in the paper because I was pressing too hard. But I mean its better than self harming right? He raised his eyebrow at me, "That drawings pretty intense there, you okay?" I quickly grabbed it and packed up my things, "Yea I'm fine I just got bored cause you know I always finish early, and then I have nothing to do. And I guess I wasn't inspired to do anything else. I should probably throw it away, its no good anyways." I rambled on, fake smiled, and threw it in the trash quickly. I could tell he wasn't believing me though, its weird cause no one can see through my fake smile. I quickly threw on my backpack and walked out in the hallway with the rest of the guys. "LEXI YOUR LATE AGAIN," Adam, Cara, and Ellie shouted in unison. Eli came up behind me tickling me, "she always is." I laughed uncontrollably and got out of his grip, I'm just glad he decided to forget what happened back there. I turned around and lightly punched him in the stomach, "meany." We all walked down the ciaos of the hallway, people trying to get home, teachers packing up, athletes getting ready for games, and kids running to the computer lab for the video game club. None of us needed to go to our lockers, so that made up for me being late. Eli drove us to my house, since it was pretty big and everyone wanted to see it for some odd reason. My mom was gone, she took herself, and the baby boys to my grandma's house. So its just Cara, Mason, and I at the house this weekend. It was also a three day weekend because Monday was a institute day for the teachers. I was sitting in shot gun so I pointed to my house for Eli, "This is it." Eli's mouth dropped a little, "Jesus its huge." Cara said, "Yeah there's a lot of empty rooms no one uses..." Her eyes lite up and she started bouncing up and down in her seat, "O.M.G. I KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TODAY. YOUR MOMS GONE AND YOUR DAD TOO SO WE SHOULD THROW A PARTY AND INVITE TONS OF PEOPLE! BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY!" I turned around and raised my eyebrow, "That's a good idea, but what if YOU get caught, and lets remember last time you threw a party..." She started laughing hysterically then paused, "... I won't get that drunk again I promise." Eli raised an eyebrow at me I sighed and I looked down at my hands, "...fine. As long as there's not too many people, NO DRUGS, and if mom finds out, its your fault. And I don't want to hold your hair again while you puke okay. Lastly remember Mason is here with his little friends, and he might only be a year younger, but he still shouldn't be exposed to that kind of stuff." Cara started jumping up and down in her seat, "Yay yay yay, thank you Alexis! Thank you, thank you!" Then she leaned up and kissed my cheek teasingly, then she ran out of the car. She knew I hated that but I laughed. Everyone else and I got out too as she ran up the stairs and went through the front door. This didn't sit well with me. I was hoping that we would just have a chill day, but no. I know mom will find out, and she will have another reason to hate me and verbally abuse me when she's drunk. Oh well, just hope for the best.