[2]

You could not help but chuckle at the adorable sight infront of you. There he was standing, eyes wide and mouth slightly agaped as he stare at you with disbelief clouding his eyes.

He must be curious as to why you were sitting so casually on the stool in front of the large instrument he was playing the other day. Were you waiting for him? He could not help but think.

"Did I startle you?" You giggled but he did not budge. "Before you start assuming that I was stalking you, don't get creeped out. I was just really drawn into your music and I want to hear it again,"

You watched as he tightly gripped the strap of his bag that was neatly slung around his torso. He scratched his chin in an awkward manner before sighing and walking towards your direction.

He quietly sat beside you, and you smiled at the little distance between the two of you. Luckily it was a stool big enough for two.

He started pressing on random keys, his eyes closed as he listen to his own beautiful music. "You play beautifully." You stated.

He ignored your statement and continued playing and after a comfortable silence between you two, he finally spoke. "It was my bestfriend who taught me how to play."

You smiled at the sudden confession. He spoke casually but his eyes were still fixed on the large instrument. He was playing a slow melody. "He was really a goof. But at the same time, he loved music so dearly."

"Where is he now?"

He stopped. His eyes went to yours and his face held no expression as he stared at you. "He's dead."

Your eyes went wide. You watched as he looked away and stared down at the piano keys. His snowy white locks covered his eyes and the tension became thicker.

You were about to speak when he continued, "My parents are also dead." His voice cracked so suddenly, "I'm all alone."

The two of you stayed in silence. And you did not dare speak to shatter it. He looked up at you and the corner of his lips were turned upwards.

You gazed at his eyes and you could clearly see the loneliness, anguish and devastation in it. He was broken, and he plays to let out all the emotions he hid behind his mysterious facade.

"I'm sorry." He started, "It's been so long ever since I had a real conversation with someone, that's why I start babbling things."

Your gaze softened. And he immediately looked away. "It's getting late." He stood up and smiled down at you. "I have to go. Thank you for listening."

You watched as he prepared himself to leave. But you quickly snapped out of your trance and yelled. "Wait!"

He stopped in his tracks and turned towards you, eyebrows raised in confusion. "I believe that I never caught your name. I'm [Name]."

The young man stared at you before his lips formed into a genuine smile.

"Kaneki," he mumbled. "Kaneki Ken."