Chapter 3

Chapter 3 (Edited)

My mom clutched my hand tightly. We were sitting in the doctors office waiting to be called back. The nurse checked my weight,took my blood and urine. My starting weight was 122 now it is,135 a 13 pound weight gain. The nurse said that it was a great weight. Mom and I were happy about that. She told me that Dr. Crow would be calling me back soon,then she left.

True to her word the doctor called me back 5 minutes later. My mom was happy and excited,I was stricken and worried.

“How are the twins doing Riley?” Dr. Crow asked.

“They are good. I haven't felt them kick yet.”

She nodded.”That is very normal with twins. They are smaller because there is two of them.”

I looked at her worried,”They are smaller?”

She laughed,”Yes dear. One single baby at 18 weeks old should be 5 and a half inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces.”

“And how are mine doing?”

She patted the bed,I lay down and pull my pants down a little and lifted my shirt up. She put the cold gel on my belly and moved the probe around. The screen was faced towards her for a bit,then she spoke.

“The babies are doing great! Baby A is about 4 almost 5 inches and Baby B is 4 and a half. Both weigh a good 6 ounces!”

She was really excited and so was my mom.

“Is that good?” I asked.

She smiled,”That is amazing! Most twins aren’t that big at this stage.”

The doctor moved the probe around again and flipped the screen. There were my babies. They were both still side by side. Baby A's face was stern. Baby B's thumb was in it's mouth. I grinned at my twins,I loved them so much already.

My mother spoke up,”Riley want's to know the gender?”

Dr, Crow nodded,”I can do that. Ready Riley?”

Of course I was! I nodded in response.

The doctor looked at the screen for a while,it now faced her. She had such a good concentration face. She smiled and wrote in my chart,then on the screen. She faced it to me,I read the text.

Congratulations! You are having two little girls!

I started to cry,tears of joy. Two baby girls. I have never thought much of the gender but I love that I am having two baby girls. I am very very blessed.

My mom was crying with me,Dr. Crow handed us a tissue. She printed out the picture with their genders and also the one with the weight and sizes. I had all of them in my purse.

Mom and I headed to the diner across the street. She had a coffee as it was only ten in the afternoon. I had a orange juice. We both ordered the same thing,oatmeal with a side of fruit and grains. We chatted until we finished eating.

“Mom?” I asked.

“Yes hon?” She said putting on her coat.

“Can you do me a huge favor?”

She nodded,”I can,”

I was nervous to ask,”I am showing pretty good now,and I want to tell our friends and family.”

“Go on,” She urged.

“Can we do a big dinner tonight? Rent out a small place at the restaurant?”

“I suppose we could. It would be a good idea to tell everyone. Who do I invite?”

“I want main family and close friends so,Jordan,Callie,Natalie,Josh,Grant and maybe grandma?”