Chapter 8

Chapter 8 (Edited)

(36 Weeks)

I was 36 weeks pregnant,I was due on the 28th of October. It is now the 31st of October,Halloween day. The school let all the kids and teachers out at noon for Halloween. Most of the teachers from the school were going to have a little party. It was going to be short and simple. I was invited,but had other plans.

We were all going to meet at Grant's and trick or treat together. We decided to take Ellie out for candy and trick or treating. We all were going to dress up.

My costume was cute,I had a white sports bra on,with a orange cropped shirt. The shirt was cut to show my whole big baby belly. I put on some warm black maternity pants. I was going to paint my belly,it was going to be a pumpkin. I saw a bunch of parenting magazines at the doctors,and decided to do it.

The group decided on a costume idea. The Wizard of Oz. Ellie wanted to be Dorothy,so the rest of them picked the costume they wanted. Josh was going to be the Tin Man,Jordan was going as the Lion,Nat has always loved the Scarecrow,she was going as a woman version. Callie was going to be the wicked witch,ironic huh? Mom was going to be the nice witch. Grant was going as one of the monkeys'. There idea was good.

I felt little Kenzie kick me,she was a ball of energy. Lilly doesn't kick very much. Yet they are both doing so well. Kenzie was,6 pounds and 18 inches long. Lilly,my little baby was only 5 and a half pounds,and 17 inches long. Dr, Crow said this was just fine,as they are twins and it is pretty amazing they have made it to 36 weeks with no trouble.

It was about three and I was just getting ready to eat a late lunch or early dinner? It was three now,and we were all going to meet up at 6pm. I was eating at my favorite cafe,I had a craving for their chicken sandwich,with fries. I was reading a book,a romance to be exact. It felt so fake.

I have never met a girl who falls in love as fast as this one does. How does she know she loves him,she only looked into his eyes. I soon deleted the book and started a gory one. I loved crime books,with murder,mystery’s and scandals. This book sucked me in. After two milk shakes,might I add they were amazing and Lilly loved them. I looked at my watch,it was almost 5pm and I needed to get ready. I was pretty happy for tonight.

I rushed into my apartment,it was a mess when I was done getting dressed. The pumpkin turned out really well. I took a bunch of pictures for my twins' baby book.

I had already taken other pictures,I had them done at my 35th week. They looked amazing. I took three different belly pictures. One I had orange ribbon tied to my belly,I held my stomach slightly. The other one was cute and my favorite,I bought two sets of shoes,both were the same kind and color,pink,and I held them in one hand,the other was holding my belly. I of course changed the orange bow to a pink one. The last one was a awesome shot,I was sitting behind a green screen. When the picture came out the photographer added a sun set to it. After the effects she added,I looked like a shadow and you could see the outline of my body. I just got all of the pictures in the mail yesterday.

After I took the pictures,I was ready. I grabbed my purse and keys. I wasn't driving but my mom was,she wanted to take my car though. It has all of the baby things in it. Just in case. The doctor said it could come at any time. We were all meeting at Grants house. He was the only one who lived in a house,so the only one with a good and safe neighborhood.

“How are you doing Riley?” Mom asked as I slid into the car.

I gave a sad smile,”I'm good,I just want my babies to be born.”

“I know you do,did I ever tell you the story of your birth?”

I shook my head no,”Not that I can recall.”