Chapter 10

Chapter 10 (Edited)

3 Days Old

The twins' are three days old now,both are doing so well. I have loved all of the time I got to spend with them. My mother has been with me nonstop,so have my wonderful friends. Nat and Callie are always here,Nat comes at lunch,where Callie comes and brings me breakfast.

Both of my girls are amazing,and I love them. Everything they do amazes me. Lilly is very stern. She doesn't show very much facial expressions. Where Mackenzie shows a ton. She is a huge smiler,she will smile at everything.

I have healed well,my incision healed well and is doing good. My vitals are amazing and I am even walking at a good pace. Dr. Crow says it is amazing and to be lucky.

Christian Haywood is a very complicated person. He loves his job,as I do mine. He has a good taste in music,loves football and has a odd sense of taste when it comes to food. He has a wonderful step dad and a deceased mother. We talked for hours,until a nurse came in to drag him out for a surgery or the twins needed me.

I was leaving today! Dr. Crow just discharged me and the girls. We get to go home! I was getting dressed as of know. I threw on a simple blue shirt and a pair of black jeans. I tied my hair in a bun and went to the twins. I just fed them before Dr. Crow came in. They were both awake,I could see Kenzie's eyes trying to close. I picked her up,making sure to hold her head. She was so little. I sat her down on the changing table to change her diaper and put her going away clothes on.

Mackenzie was going to wear a warm pair of red pants,with a white onesies that says,'Momma's little bug' on it. It was a little chilly out side so I put on her jacket that I brought. After packing up her baby bag,I grabbed Lilly.

Lilly was wide awake,she was waving her little fists everywhere. I laughed and gave her a kiss on the cheek. After changing her and dressing her just like her sister,she was ready. I won't always change them the same but for today I will.

“Honey! I found some muscle in the parking lot.” My mother said. I looked over and Christian was carrying two car seats,the twins' car seats.

I smiled,”Thank you,”

He nodded and sat them on the bed. I was already holding Lilly so I brought her over to her pink and green car seat. Christian carefully picked up a sleeping Mackenzie and put her in her purple and yellow car seat. They were both all strapped in and ready to go. My mother being the smart one brought their fold up stroller. I of course was not allowed to push them,so mother was going too.

She put their baby bags at the bottom of the stroller and put mine on the handle bar of the wheel chair. I assumed that Dr. Crow or one of my nurses would wheel me outside. But no,Dr Haywood in all his scrubs and doctors coat had too. We made our way to the front and stopped at my car. I was put in the middle of the back seat,Kenzie was to the left of me and Lilly was to the right of me. They were both fast asleep. I closed my eyes,letting the breathing of my babies to lull me to sleep.

<*****>

It was hard,I will admit that. Once my mom left me alone at the house,I was a mess. Taking care of two little newborns all alone is really hard. Before I always had help,either my mom or a nurse. So now I was a mess. Both babies would want something at the same time,or one would just go to sleep and the other would scream,then they would both cry.

It was almost midnight and I couldn't get Kenzie to quite down. I was freaking out. She was dry,she ate 30 minutes ago. She was in a pair of soft pj’s. I don't know what it wrong with her. So I called someone that could help.

“Christian?”

“Yes,hello. Who is this?”

I picked a crying Mackenzie up,”It's Riley,”