Fire and metal

~Ed's POV~

I stretch my arms as I sit up, turning to look at the sleeping colonel beside me. His face perfectly surrounded by his raven hair, his skin soft with a creamy glow, just perfect. I trail my eyes from his chest to his face only to be created by a soft smirk and a pair of coal colored eyes. His eyes, even though they are dark they show more emotions than anyone I know. Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled into a snug embrace. My face blushes as I nuzzle into the crook of my colonel neck. "Roy.." I mutter softly, at peace for the first time in a while. He turns into his back and pulls me on top of him, I blush harder. "Hey what are you doing?!" I place my hand on his chest for support. He pulls me closer to his face, his eyes locking with mine. "Edward Elric..the boy who performed taboo, has been risking his life for his brother and his well being, and never gives up. The boy with the red trench coat, the long blonde hair, and the metal limbs. The Fullmetal Alchemist, the love of my life. Edward..would you do me the honor and stay..stay with me?" He looks at me with the sweetest expression, my eyes tear and I cry, I cry tears of joy and love. I don't give him a verbal answer, I lean down and kiss him, with all I've got. He bites my lip devilishly and I wrap my arms around his neck. Minutes pass and we break for air, both panting. I smile wide and turn to my side and glance at the clock...SHIT!!! It's 12:30 and we have to do so much for the mission!! We need to rent clothes, a gown for me -_- what did I sign up for, and a tux for Roy. We also need to start driving there at like 2:45! It's so far away!! Oh gosh, Roy reads my mind and we start out the door. So it doesn't seem weird that we're out looking at fancy gowns for me I have my hair down and a loose shirt, Roy and I start out and go to a local store. Not 3 minutes into walking in Roy is surrounded by women ,that doesn't surprise me, but as I start looking around I see a familiar face..Winry!!! SHIT!!!!! I run behind a rack of clothing and I motion for Roy..too late. Winry saw Roy, luckily I was still hidden. Roy walks up to her, "Oh hello there! How have you been?"  she says to him, he gulps nervously, "Hello, Winry. I've been well, how have you and Alphonse been?"  She blinks, "Al was a little down without Ed at first but he's keeping himself busy helping people in town, he was even invited to this nice party tonight, obviously not wanting to go because of his uh..situation.. He gave me the invitation. Winry showed Roy it and I caught a glimpse..the same one we have for the mission... I see Roy become very nervous and I gulp. And Winry soon waves goodbye and I step out of my hiding and Roy sends me a smirk. Confused, I raise an eyebrow. "I guess we have to really make you look nice tonight," he leans into my ear and whispers "shouldn't be too hard".