Chapter 6 (part 2, longest chapter yet)

SORRY FOR THE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I WANTED TO PUT THIS OUT AS SOON AS I  FINISHED SO I DIDN'T RE- READ IT YET. THE MISTAKES WILL BE TAKEN OUT SOON, RIGHT AFTER I POST IT I'LL RE- READ IT ACTUALLY.

ENJOY:

Zonnique Pov

After my dad left with Dejah, Domani, King and Major my mom sat me down.

"Okay, I'mma ask you this once, and you better tell the truth. I did not raise you to sneak around my back and do whatever it is you're doing. What's going on with you and Ray?''

I sigh

"He is.-..... Was my boyfriend. For seven months.''

"SEVEN MONTHS?'' ''You lied to us all for seven months?"

""Mom just let me explain!" I raise my voice getting frustrated.

"You better lower your voice tho.''

"This is why I didn't tell y'all about us, You know how dad thinks of boys. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love him with all my heart.'' I say my eyes watering.

"He was my first real boyfriend! And I know I probably shouldn't have been sneaking around, but this is exactly why. I never want to dissapoint you or dad.'' " And all of it was for nothing since he still broke up with me.'' I say with tears now streaming down my face.

My mom walks over to me and hugs me.

"It's alright baby don'w cry. I don't appreciate you lying to me though, I  know Tipp can be overprotective, but you could have told me. I met Ray, and he's really a good guy. Atleast I think so, why did he even break up with you?"

I let out a sob thinking about the fresh memory of the break up. It pains my heart to think back about it but I can't get those words out of my head.

A friend who's tired of your bullshit Nique. I'm done, over it

 I'm over it. Over you

I don't even care, there is no US

"I messed up.''

"You want to talk about it?" She asks me.

"No thanks I'd just like to be alone for now?"

'Älright baby." She says and kisses the top of my head. Just  as she's about to walk out I call her.

"Mom?" She tunrs around and raises her eyebrows. "Thank you mom. Thanks for understanding.''

She smiles at me. ''Ofcourse Niq Niq. I know how it is I was your age once. I can't promise you Tipp will be as understanding as me though.'' and she walks away. I frown. I should have listened to my dads advice bit I was scared. I remember his exact words:

Flashback:

''Who been keeping you company in our absence?'' My dad interrogated me.

''Yeah?" My mom asked

"Uh Mamaw.'' That wasn't a lie thoug I spend time with her. ''King...''

"Andd?" My mom asked.

"Whaat? That's it...'' I nervously laugh,  hate lying to them but, it's the only way I see right now. I can't lose Ray over my dad's proctectiveness I refuse to, I love him

"That's it. nobody else we need to know of?" My mom pushed the subject. What's wrong with her today does she know? I am panicking on the inside, what if they know?