Chapter 38

Coming from Joy's room, Alex walked into she and Drew's bedroom. He was in the bathroom washing his face and she rested her body in their bed.

She was in no mood to talk. She was disappointed in her family for messing up her show.

When Drew came out the bathroom, he got in the bed next to her. "Can we please talk?"

"Nothing to talk about." She said with her eyes closed.

He sighed, knowing she was upset and wanted to fix it, but he gave her some time.

"Okay, I just know you're not going to sleep if you're this upset." He said.

Her cell phone rang, "saved by the bell." She said. Reaching to the nightstand and grabbed her cell phone and saw that it was Angel calling. She sighed.

She glanced at her husband and let out another breath and got out the bed, ignoring the call.  Alex was going to clear her mind because Drew was right, she wasn't going to sleep because of how upset she was.

Walking into the garage she went to her painting station. There was anger, hurt, and disappointment in her heart and she needed to release it.

She didn't feel like painting, so instead she got out her sketch pad and pencil. The scene was comfortable for her to sit, relax, and draw.

She stayed in the garage for hours, drawing. It was almost four in the morning when Drew came in to check on her, but he found her curled up on the couch, sleeping.

He wanted to take her back to their bedroom, but he didn't want to wake her so he got on the couch and cuddled with her.

He noticed the drawing on the floor. It was a woman standing in the middle of what seemed to be a major disaster. There was a lot of commotion going on in the drawing and it was all clear.

Drew felt bad about what happened last night at the art show, so he knew that as her husband, he had to do something to make it right.

He didn't go to sleep, he just wanted to hold her.

Suddenly, he felt her body move and she sat up.

"Hey," he said softly, "you okay?"

"What are you doing in here?" She asked.

"I came to check on you a while ago, but you were sleeping so I stayed."

She tried to get up and he knew she was going to walk away but he grabbed her arm.

"Al, I'm sorry, baby." He said in a sincere tone.

"I know." She mumbled.

"I want to make it up to you." He said.

"How can you make that up to me? How can you make up embarrassing me and ruining an important evening for me?" She questioned with frustration.

"I'll figure that out. I just want you to know that I didn't mean for any of it to happen."

"Yes you did! You made the decision to act out like that. You chose to react the way that you did. All you had to do was walk away. That's it!" She yelled.

He allowed her to yell because he knew she was angry.

"If anything, you could have taken that mess outside my gallery, but no! Y'all had a whole family affair inside and just said screw me and my show!"

He sighed, allowing her to get her frustration out.

"Now I have to make sure none of my people were effected by this mess." She threw her hands up and stormed out the garage.