Chapter 1: Um, home sweet home? I guess?

Okay so first of all I just wanna say that in sorry if something is wrong with this story... Wether it be my incorrect spelling, grammar, or terrible writing skills. This is the first I have wrote so I hope you enjoy. I kinda came up with this off the spot and I'm just gonna let this story flow... In other words... I don't really have the whole story planned out. Hence, no description yet.
Anyway, have a nice day and hope you like xx
********
;)
********
It's um... different now... Than before that is. Or at least from what I can remember.

My bare feet on the tatty rug beneath me makes me relax a little bit more. Now I know where I am, I'm home again.

Placing my boxes in front of the window on top of the chest of draws, I fall back on my bed, recognizing the scent of lavender that I have never liked.

I hear a knock on my open bedroom door and turn my head to face my mum. She's leaning on the door frame looking at me with tired eyes but a smile still plays on her face.
"You've missed this, haven't you?" She assumes, more of a statement than a question.

"What, the smell of a vile flower, the constant reminders of last year, or the comfort of my bed?" I half snap back, not really in the mood to simply say 'no' or pretend to act happy. It makes me wonder why she'd say such a thing. She's knows we left for a reason, so I could take a breather, get away from everything and everyone. It was too much to handle.

She sighs and lies herself down next to me, realizing that what she had just said was extremely pointless and there was no point in trying to engage in a meaningful or 'cheerful' conversation with me.

"I'm sorry it's just, it's everywhere. The presence is still in here and it will probably never go away until I'm old enough to move out. And I know what you're gonna say, 'you're only young, stop worrying yourself' but age is just a number. You can't tell me that what happened wouldn't have affected you at this age?" I finally manage to pour out. I knew we were gonna come back eventually, I just hoped it wasn't so soon. I mean heck, just thinking of going back made me wish and pray that God was always by my side, making sure I didn't do anything stupid. I never wanted to face it again. I thought we'd be away for a few years, not one. But even then, no matter how long we were gone, it will never change the fact that what happened, happened... I just have to live with it.

She finally decides to open her mouth to speak after processing what I had said. "Of course I'd have been affected I just thought that maybe after all this time we wouldn't have this conversation. That you might forget or at least push it back and not think about it. And plus, you are the one who asked to come home."

I don't even try to object, because I know she's right. This was my decision. So why am I so stressed? I guess I thought the same. Maybe I won't be triggered, maybe it won't matter when the lights go out. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I sigh and push myself off the bed, walking to the kitchen to get something to eat. I tell mum this then realize we have nothing in. We only use moved in for heavens sake and haven't even unpacked yet. Ugh, I'm such a spaz sometimes. So I decide to order a take away.

Mum and I don't speak for the rest of the night. It's awkward, but kind of comforting. She's respecting my privacy and I thank her for that.

After a full stomach I grab a drink of water and head for the stairs going straight to my room. It's only 20:30 but I still need some sleep if I've got school tomorrow, and I'm really not looking forward to it. As long as I lay low, no one will notice I'm back.

I hear footsteps from the hallway, then a slight whisper from my mum "Goodnight, Angela"

Barely a sound coming from my mouth I reply "Goodnight" just as she closes my bedroom door and walks away.

And I fall into a deep sleep.