Chapter 6: I wont stop until i do

'What if I told you I've touched the sun, would you believe me?
What if I told you I slept on Mercury, would you believe me?
If I told you I'd 'reached the stars' or 'landed on light' as people may say, would you believe me?

You know, some people would straight up say 'No!'. And others would straight up say 'Yes!'. It'd all about interpretation.

Some may think of a metaphor and say yes, some may not think of a metaphor and say no. Where as others may think of a metaphor and still say no. I believe I you think of it as another way of describing happiness, it's still a no. Not just for myself, for everyone that is. Nobody has ever been as happy as they'd like to think. If you feel like you have the world at your feet, chances are someone else has felt that way before and someone else feels the same that very moment. The fact that you are not alone proves you cannot be happy to the extreme.

There is a limit to our joy and a no limit to our sadness. How does that make you feel? To know that no matter what you do you can never be too happy that you literally explode, but you can be so depressed you don't stop falling apart.

And that's how life ends. You never have more happiness than unhappiness in one life. You're born crying and you die in pain mainly from the fact that you know you're dying. '

The words from my old diary makes me want to sink into my pillows and scream. Just the memory of how things were a year ago makes me wish of lost it then. That I made a limit to the sadness myself and ended it when I could have. I can't. I can't read anymore!

I launch my old diary across the room at full speed and I come to a sudden surprise when I hear an 'Aw!'.

I go to grab my pillow, then putting it down realizing that didn't really work last time. So I grab my lava lamp off my bedside table and raise it above my shoulder. I walk towards the window and look out to see the one and only, Daniel.

I let out a huge sigh before yelling "For crying out loud can't you knock on the door like a normal human being?!"

"And why would I do that? You know, it used to be romantic for men to appear at ladies Windows." He says 'as a matter of factly'

"Well I think we both know, that you, are no Romeo." I tell him, then coming to a realization, "Hey, that rhymed! I'm a natural poet, I could be the knew Shakespeare!" I tell myself, jumping up and down, my index finger in my left hand point to the air as I pull a face to show I'm proud of myself for my previous line.

He shakes his head and rolls his eyes, but I can see the smile playing on his lips as he says "You wish darling, you wish."

I then remember he's actually here and ask the question I should have as soon as he walked in. "Why are you here anyway? Got something important to say or what?"

"Geez can a guy not want to hang out with his mate he hadn't seen in a year?"

I take a minute to process what he just said by looking at him blank faced. Before bursting into a huge pile of laughter.

"You- you thou- you thought we- you thought we- were friends?" I say between laughs, still practically on the floor trying to calm myself down. That's when I realize he was actually serious. "Sorry babe, but I'm busy and after previous events, it's gonna take a lot of time for you to earn my trust back, even after that huge apology you did. So for now, we are definitely NOT mates." I claim, standing firm, telling myself I can't let him down easy.

"Well then, it's up to me to get that trust back then isn't it?" He tells more himself than me, hesitating slightly.

"That is correct."

"Okay, I start now and I won't stop until I do."