Chapter 3: Torture me tomorrow?

I walk. I walk away from the scene that had just appeared before me. But Lucy didn't like the idea of that.

She followed me until I started to speed up. She ran after me and grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face her.

I can't speak to her. Not now. This isn't what I wanted. I just wanted to have one day without any lectures but here we go. I should have saw this coming anyway, this is Lucy for crying out loud! I just have to be ca-

"Where have you been and what the hell was that?!" She shouts, breaking me away from my thoughts. But she doesn't stop there.
"You said you were going for a while! Not a year! You didn't tell me where you went so I couldn't visit you! You didn't text or ring me once! And when I tried to talk to you, either you have ignored or blocked me! What's going on?! Why haven't you been talking?! And what the hell is wrong with Daniel?! Please tell me you haven't been speaking to him because for the love of god he was half the reason you left!"

By this point I'm speechless... What does she expect me to say? 'I'm sorry'? Because I'm not.

"You know I needed to get away from everything Lu... I didn't speak to you cause I didn't want the whole 'how are you doing?', 'are you okay?' When you'd know they're stupid questions. It' wouldn't help. I said a while because honestly, that's all a year was to me... I wanted to go for longer but, a year's a year, right? This isn't what I wanted. Can you just give me one peaceful day and torture me tomorrow?" I replied in what seemed to me like only one breath.

"Fine... But you're hearing the worst of it tomorrow and you're telling me EVERYTHING! Okay?!"  She practically hollered.

"... Okay"

And with that, we left the halls and went to class...
Late.