Chapter 9: "Ma'am?"

"Why the hell didn't you tell me about this?!"

"Cause I knew you'd say no, obviously! Now open the door before their faces are so squashed they don't have any noses left." She says, reaching for the handle and opening its slightly, only for me to slam it shut again.

"You can't make me go out there with him."

"Come on, this was over a year ago now, grow some bollocks Angie... he's turned up hasn't he? Proving he's over it, even the slightest" as she complained on and on her emerald eyes shone with a look of 'you know I'm right'

I faced Daniel and placed my arm out in front of him, only for him to place the corsage around my wrist, soon after turning his body towards Richie, his eyes still on me, and his right arm in a position so I can link with him, though all came from his mouth were simple words "Ma'am?". I took a step closer when a flashback hit me harder than a bullet.

************************************
A soft stroke sweeper through my hair, his hand on my waist and his breath too close, but not close enough. A part of me wanted him to reach in close, to steal the moment, another wanted to push him away and get myself together. But the former was the only option he wanted.

He seized the moment by the closure of his lips pressed on mine, moving in sync, slowly, passionately. If only time would slow, like it does near a black hole.

He gently pulled away and let out a gentle breath, leaned to face his left, is arm out and said "Ma'am, may I have this dance?" And with the gentle sound of Ed Sheeran's voice, we faded off together to the music.

************************************

Opening my eyes after a heavy sigh, I pushed passed him and helped myself into the limo, watching him give Lucy a confused look at the doorstep through the window once I'd shut the door.

Wish me luck