Into space and time

Pericle's pod shot out of the station as it head's forward to the magnetic storm.

The flight control deck thrummed with tension Lex was a little huddled close with her brother, feeling her anxiety slowly build up inside her, her brain only focused on the possibility of Pericles hoping he would be safe as much as she wanted him to be.

Lex knew inside herself she felt a connection towards apes a sort of bond she can't describe.

Lex felt the tears threatened to come out feeling like a kid who was yelled at.

She shook her head focusing Pericles's Alpha pod tracing a path through the maelstrom a scribble of bright color against a stormy sea.

The pod itself was a gleaming light moving through the dark, a burning heart through the fields of stars. Lex watched the pod go deeper and deeper into the cluster, she felt her anger build about Pericles in the training pods and how a few nutbars during the mission mockup this had confused her, frustrated her, finally hurt her.

She thought about Pericles replaying exactly the same thing, except this time it was for real. "Dammit it, I'm the one who should be out there not him". Just as the thought seared her mind, the screen zoomed in closer and the Alpha pod began to flicker.

Lex knew what was happening, before she could say anything, Leo spoke first having the same worried expression on his face as she, he leaned forward towards his little sister "Lexie what's wrong?"

"He's off course," Lex replied and watched her brother's face changed. But not Vasich. His face showed no expression "Fucker" Lex thought coldly.

"Lock on him" Vasich said Lex reached across her control board, found the black lever and pulled it forward.

By now everybody knew that things were no longer going according to the mission but Lex knew Leo was getting the idea though he looked over at Vasich "He's not responding" Leo answered. Grace was now in full alarm mode, personally monitoring Pericle's board in his pod "there's a surge in his heart rate he's scared she rapped out. All her monitor lights flashed bright then went dead. Everybody stared

"Oh Jesus, oh god Pericles" Lexie thought, guilt was wrapped in her mind like a snake coiling a rat, her depression sinked low...

"Seargant light him up again," Vasich barked. Lexie gave him a glare for a moment and punched a rapid series of keys on her board, nothing came up.

The command deck exploded in frantic activity as everybody struggled to learn what had happened, to regain contact with Pericles.

Everybody was so busy that only a few happened to be looking at the big screen at precisely the moment that the flickering dot representing the location of Pericle's pod that vanished. "Jesus...he's gone," Leo said, shocked "It's all my fault this is all my fault," Lexie cried burying her head in her hands. Grace scooted from her seat to Lexies hugging the young woman tightly close to her chest.

Alexander glared at the situation. "He's trained to come back to the Oberon" she stated. "If he's alive..." Santos added.

But the knowledge was within all their faces.

Vasich was unnaturally calm, Alexander trying to keep her worry under control, Santos and the others tightly wrapped but looking as if their fear might break loose at any second. Lexie gritted her teeth. " it should have been me out there why didn't they let me do this, if it were me none of this would've happened." She turned towards Commander Vasich. "We're waiting for orders sir." she said keeping her cool for a bit.