Raising The Jarvis Twins {2}

***Shane’s POV***

                I gripped Shawn’s hand as we walked into class the next day. We sat down next to each other and suffered through class until it was time for lunch. We took our lunches and went to a table outside. We sat down with our friend, Type, and started to eat.

                “Ah damn. We left our drinks in my locker Type!” Shawn said with a frown. “Let’s go get them. Shane, you make sure no one takes the table!” I nodded and watched them walk inside.

                I nibbled at my sandwich as I waited for them to return. I looked up at the sky. It was slightly cloudy, but a brilliant shade of blue nonetheless. I smiled a little and shielded my eyes from the bright sunlight.

                “Hey guys, check it out!”

                I jumped a little as 3 guys grouped around me. Oh no. The class bullies. Jason, Kyle, and Tony. They always picked on me. Oh, they never picked on me when Shawn was around. He had taught them better than that when he and Type had beat them up in the first grade for picking on me. But when I was alone, I was a dead man walking.

                “Did your mommy make you that lunch?” Jason asked with a grin. He snatched my bag lunch away from me, threw it on the ground, and stomped on it several times. I stayed quiet, trying not to show him how scared I was.

                He grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me to my feet. “Watch for the other one,” he instructed Tony. Tony nodded and kept an eye out for Shawn and Type.

                “Go ahead freak. Say something,” he growled. I stayed silent. His fist introduced itself to my face. I gasped in pain and he and Kyle laughed. “Puh-puh-please l-l-leave me uh-uh-lone,” I whimpered and they exploded into laughter.

                “N-N-No,” Jason mocked, giving me a hard shove. I stumbled into Kyle who gripped my arms tightly. “S-Stop,” I begged them. “Stuttering Shithead,” Jason said and punched me again. I whimpered.

                “You gonna cry? You stuttering shithead.” Why couldn’t Jason and his friends just leave me alone? I hadn’t done anything to them!

                He pulled his fist back and I felt myself trembling. “Jase! Fag alert!” Tony cried and jumped away from the window. Kyle released me and Jason glared. “I’ll be back for you. Stuttering shithead.” The three hurried away and were out of sight by the time Shawn and Type walked outside.

                I hurriedly kicked my destroyed lunch under the table and out of their sight. “What are you doing Shane?” Shawn asked curiously. “Nuh-nuh-nuh-uh-uh-” “Nothing?” I nodded. He sat down and Type and I joined him.

                We ate and went back to class when the bell rang. “Okay class, study hall period,” our teacher announced and the class cheered. The three of us began to casually doodle in our notebooks. I pulled out a book I was reading and picked up where I had left off in it.

                “Shane! Good, you’re reading!” our teacher said with a smile. I smiled back shyly. “Y-Yes m-m-m-ma’am,” I said quietly.

                “Mrs. Nashton, why aren’t we using the smart board today?” Shawn asked curiously. “The bulb exploded this morning,” Mrs. Nashton said with a sigh. “Shot to shit for sure,” Shawn said, glancing at the projector with mild interest.

                “Shawn!” Mrs. Nashton cried, startled. “We don’t use that bad language!” Shawn gave his defensive glare. “My dad says that when something is broken. ‘Shot to shit’ is what he says.” She put her hands on her hips.

                “Shawn, your dad is a grown up. He can say that bad word if he wants to. But you will NOT use that dirty language in my classroom.” “Wanna bet?” Shawn challenged angrily. “Detention, Mr. Jarvis. And I’ll be having a little meeting with your dad about your language.” “Good! Maybe you’re shot to shit!”

                “Shu-Shu-Shawn!” I said in shock. “Principal’s, Mr. Jarvis,” Mrs. Nashton said angrily. “Whatever.” Shawn grabbed his books and took off out of the room. I glanced at Type and blushed before looking down.

                Mrs. Nashton smiled at me softly. “Keep reading Shane. It gives you a big vocabulary.” I blushed more and nodded. “Y-Yes ma’am,” I whispered and she walked away, leaving me alone with my troubled thoughts.