Chapter 8

Song of the Day: Sugar by Maroon 5

            Carter and Reid made it to the restaurant and Reid, being the gentle man he is, held the door open for Carter. Reid and Carter were led to their reserved table, and soon ordered beverages.

"So, tell me more about yourself." Reid said,  interested in learning more about Carter.

"Like what?" She asked, not knowing what to say.

"Well, for instance, your favorite things, like food and color, your childhood, your parents, where you grew up, you know, stuff like that." He replied, and she bit her lip.

"Well, my favorite food is Spaghetti, my favorite color is red, my childhood is boring. I was an only child with a single mother, but she was one of the nicest people I ever met. Finally, I grew up around here I guess, except I wasn't out a lot at restaurants and stuff, since my mother didn't have the money." She answered, truthfully, or as truthful as she possibly could.

"Well, at least you were happy, right?" He asked, chuckling nervously.

"Yeah." She replied, sighing.

"Were you not?" He asked, worriedly.

"Yeah, just forget I said anything." She replied, shaking her head.

            After eating their food, Reid paid and they left. Reid decided to make it up to Carter for bringing up her past, that he was going to take her on a walk in the park. Once they pulled up, he opened her door and gave her a hand out of the truck. She left her hand in his as they walked the track around the park. It was starting to get dark, so Reid pulled her over to the stage. They walked up the steps and sat on the edge of the stage watching the sunset.

"I had a great time with you today." Carter told Reid, and he smiled.

"Good, I'm glad you did. You know, you looked absolutely beautiful today." Reid replied, complimenting Carter.

         She blushed and looked down at the ground. He always caused her to get these foreign feelings inside her belly, but she loved the feeling. She placed her head on his shoulder as he placed his cheek on top of her head.

"We need to get back to the office." Carter stated, sighing.

"I guess we do." Reid replied, sighing as well.

          He stood to his feet, pulling Carter up with him. They walked hand in hand to Reid's truck. Reid opened Carter's door and helped her in the truck, before closing the door and getting in himself. Reid drove them to the office, and again helped Carter out of the truck.

"Hold on a second." Reid stated, causing her to look over at him.

"Yes?" Carter asked,  walking over to him.

"I really like you, Carter. At first I thought it was just a crush, but it never went away, so will you be my girlfriend?" Reid asked, hesitantly.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend." She replied, kissing his cheek.

          She walked inside of the office and Reid soon followed. Morgan caught a glimpse of Carter and walked over to her. She grabbed his arm and pulled him into a secluded room and shut the door. They sat down and he saw the smile that was imprinted not only on her face but in her eyes. She was really happy right now and it made Morgan ecstatic.

"So how'd it go?" He asked, and she grinned.

"Amazing." She answered, happily.

"What all happened?" He asked, excitedly.

"He brought me to this gorgeous restaurant with extravagant food. Then we went to the park and walked around the track to a stage. He brought me on the stage and we watched the sun set." She answered, and Morgan smiled.

"What else? There has to be more." Morgan pressed, excited to hear more about their date.

"Yeah, we were outside the office and he made me wait. Then he told me that he liked me, and let's just say, I'm not a single Pringle anymore." Carter replied, grinning like an idiot.

"He asked you to be his girlfriend?" Morgan asked, astonished.

"Yeah, he did." Carter replied, happily.

"Good for you, Spike. I'm so glad you two are happy and together now." He stated, hugging Carter.

"Me, too." She mumbled, as she buried her face in Morgan's chest.

       They let go of each other and headed out of the room. As Carter was headed back to her desk, she caught the gaze of Reid. As she looked up at him, he smiled at her. She returned the smile and sat at her desk. This was the best day I've had in a while she thought to herself...

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

A/N: Yay! They're finally together. What do you think he'll have to say about Ellie? Or will he ever meet her? You'll have to read and find out.

Question of the Day: What is/are your greatest fear(s)?

        Mine is clowns, very deep water, drains in sinks and tubs, driving over bridges, and certain types of dolls.

Love you all!

Vote
Comment&
Share!

-Youngblood Xxx