Legacy

The text: Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

The message: She was only 13 years old. Her short beautiful life was stolen from her by an ugly disease. It robbed her of her hair, her strength, her future, and even her life, but it could never take away two things: her faith in Jesus Christ and the joy she found in Him. I have learned from her how precious life is. Here today and gone without a moments notice. The beauty of life stolen in an instant. I am reminded of how short life truly is but instead of looking forward to my future in this fallen world I find myself in with sadness, I press on with the hope that is found in my Savior, Jesus Christ as I realize that when my own life comes to an end, I will finally see my Savior, face to face. I learned that while people may have a profound impact on your life, it is only Jesus who can truly transform you. I surrendered my whole life, everything I was and everything I will be into His hands and it was Him and Him alone that made me who I am today. I am who I am today because God used a little girl to come into my life, for however short a time, to change my life and point me back to Him. I am forever thankful for the gift of her life, and I am eternally thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I will never be the same.