Prologue

I woke up with a headache. Ugh the perks of being a drunken lady last night!

Wait. This isn't my room. Where the heck could I be?

I scanned the room -- red,white,hearts -- where am I?

Who's this room's owner? Who could be in love in this such of colors? This freaks me out. I hate the color of 'Valentines' and so do 'Love'

''Why do you hate love so much?'' Who said that?

I saw a guy -- handsome -- with curly brown hair and is wearing an all white tuxedo. His skin's not tanned. His lips were thin pink,and his cheeks were pink. Ahh why is he perfect

''Thank you for the compliment of me being perfect,Lacey. But please,answer my previous question.''

This is so weird.

''Why do you care? Why do you know my name? Why am I here?''

I don't like 'Love' because I hate it. I hate the idea of it. I hate it.

''You don't know why you hate love? Love can bound us together. And even love made you.''

My parents didn't make 'Love' they had sex. And sex made me.

''Ugh yeah! I forgot about Melissa and Arnold! Stupid,Cupid!'' He said then tapped his own head

Wait. Cupid?

''Uhh,yeah. I'm Cupid.'' Is he reading my mind?

Who on Earth would name their child 'Cupid'? Maybe his parents were that weird. Maybe his parents were just in love with each other and addicted to love,and end up naming their son 'Cupid'

''I don't have any parents,Lacey. I'm Cupid. No more,no less. Just Cupid.''

''Ha ha ha. Now I'm laughing. Ha ha ha.'' Who would believe him? He's insane

''Let me tell you this. In the last time. I am Cupid. Clearly Cupid. Just Cupid.''

''Oh. So if you really are cupid,show me how Cupid works his goddamn work.''

He smirked,''To answer your question,I do care because you're talking about me -- which is love. I know your name because I am Cupid. You're here because I want you to believe in love.''

''Love? Psh. I don't wanna believe in your stupid 'Love'. It's stupid.''

Wow. He faced palm?

He clapped,and held my hand

Where are we?

Suddenly,we're at a park.

''Why--''

''Watch.'' He pointed a couple

''Why do they have those heart tattoo? Doesn't it blind the girl? Its so shine-y''

Cupid nodded,''You're right. They ain't gonna be blind. Only you. And I. Can see those.''

''But why does the guy's...''

''You're right. The guy's doesn't glow because the girl isn't her soul mate.''

''What?''

''The girl loves the guy,but the guy doesn't love her. He loves that lady over there.'' He said then pointed at a lady crying behind a tree

''That one crying?''

''Yup. You wanna know their story and why you're seeing those?'' He asked

What can I do? ''Sure.''

''First,let me tell you their names. The couple over there are Josh and Kimmy. The lady crying is Amelia. The one she's crying about is Hector. Kimmy is the ex of Hector. Amelia is the bestfriend of Hector. Josh is a cousin of Hector. Kimmy and Amelia are half sisters. Kimmy forgotten that she loves Hector,so she looked at Josh. Josh loves Amelia since they were 10. But he doesn't have any choice but to girl friended Kimmy because Amelia and Hector are going to be married. But the thing is,Hector is in love with Kimmy,so he broke up with Amelia.''

''So you're saying...is that Amelia loves Hector,but Hector loves Kimmy,and Kimmy loves Josh,while Josh's in love with Amelia? Ha. Love is very stupid. It makes people look like a fool.''

He sighed,''The soulmates are Amelia and Josh and Hector and Kimmy.''

''Love is complicated.''

''So,you need to connect them with each other.''

''What?!''

''You're my matchmaker,Lacey.''