Presents for All

I rolled over in my bed, the soft sheets were warm and added with the fire Sebastian maintained through the night I was warmer then ever. I opened my eyes to study the weave work on the canopy above me. The dull blue light that was filtered through the thin curtains made the royal blue room appear soft. My eyelids became heavier as I snuggled further into the goose down pillows.

"Good morning!" Sebastian said as he walked into the room with a couple of logs for the fire. I smiled at the sound of his voice. He stoked the fire, making some sparks fly and threw the wood in before throwing the curtains open. I groaned, moving my face into the pillows further.

"Breakfast will be served in the dining hall," Sebastian said as he neared my bed. He leaned down to my ear, moving my hair out of the way. "How will my lady's breakfast tea be served?" He whispered in my ear. I smiled with my eyes closed.

"Surprise me." I mumbled in the pillows. Sebastian pecked me on the cheek before leaving the room. I stayed in bed and waited for my eyes to adjust to the white brightness. It had snowed through the night, covering any spot that managed to poke through. I swept the covers off and placed my feet on the shockingly cold floor. I shuffled over to the hot fire and crossed my arms to generate some heat.

I raised my fingers to my lips that Sebastian had kissed the night before. I hadn't felt about Sebastian like that ever before, but when I saw him when I returned.... Why did I want to grab his tailcoat and crash my lips to his before he can even ask why?"

"Morning Clara!" Meyrin said loudly, making me jump. I must have zoned out while she entered.

"M-morning Meyrin." I replied. Meyrin opened the wardrobe that held the small amount of dresses for my stay.

"Sebastian asked me to help you dress for the day," she said while shuffling through the dresses. "This one!" She held a soft blue dress in her arms. I smiled and nodded. She helped me undress and got into the dress.

"Thank you, Meyrin." I said as she finished the ties and tucked them in.

"No problem." She said while gathering the sheets and pillow cases from my bed. I traced the careful stitching on the dress on the bust. My train of thought drifted to Sebastian yet again.

"Meyrin?" I asked her. She looked up from the new sheets she was smoothing out on the bed.

"Yes Clara?" She moved closer, sensing something was bothering me. I looked up from the stitches and to the reflection of Meyrin in the mirror before me.

"There's someone that I have these feelings for. I can't explain it at all. I used to hate him. He was rude, annoying, and teased me... I kissed him, Meyrin." I said. Meyrin looked down to the floor then reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind my hair.

"You can be amazed at the change in people. Just look at me. Not two years ago I was killing for money, but Lord Phantomhive took me in without hesitation. I like it here now and want to stay. I changed quickly because all along it's what I had wanted." Meyrin said. She gave my hand a single squeeze and left with the dirty sheets.

I stood before the mirror and thought. Did I want Sebastian all along?

...

I sat at the table for breakfast. If was an American cultured breakfast. The sausage sizzled slightly and the scrambled egg had an impressive amount of steam rise off of them. "Slept well, Clara?" Ciel asked.

"Very well." I answered. I stuck the warm egg in my mouth and chewed slowly, dazing off to Sebastian again. I snapped from my daze the moment Undertaker pulled the chair out next to me and begun to eat.