JUNE

I WATCH THE CITY SHIMMER UNDER THE SETTING SUN, 
the city's many high rises making series long shadows that stretches on like the boarders that used to separate us from the Colonies. Far in the distance, the sea has turned a reddish shade of gold and the small ripples reflect glints of light through my window. And under the bright, painted clouds lies the thin layer of rare, light blue sky. The soft, perfect shade reminds me of the colour of Day's eyes, and for a moment I just stare, lost in its depths of its smooth texture, hypnotised. Then I blink. No, stop it June, I tell myself, my life cannot only revolve around the boy I once love. I lost count of how many times I tried to leave our story behind me, to move on. But something deep inside my heart keeps clinging on the past, it's too much too forget completely, even for him. 
Metias, I call out silently to my brother, I wish he's still here, still here to help his lost, little sister. Looking down at the shiny, polished wood, I almost for a second expected Ollie to be there, nudging my hand with his wet nose, his long white fur brushing against my fingers. Although it has been over five years since my white shepherd dog died, I can still feel his absence, the loneliness hangs in the air of the apartment since I lost him, the last thing of Metias left.

***

A few minutes pass until I hear a voice through my earpiece,"June?" says a soft familiar voice,
"Good evening elector."
A pause, then Anden sighs,"You don't have to call me that you know." then continuing,"Well, the reason I'm calling you is because I heard some news from some of my agents."
"And?" I push, if it had made him call me, it must be serious.
Anden heaves a breath,"You see, it's about the Patriots, there's been signs of them..." he lowers his voice, "Planning something."
I shake my head in disbelief, "Why would they do that? The republic is good to them, and we've signed a firm peace treaty with the colonies."
"That's why I need your help," he says, I can hear a note of panic in his voice, "I'm not trying to accuse anything, but June, ask your friends, Tess and Pascao. I need the most information I can get."