DANIEL

SO SHE'S A COMMANDER.

A commander, who can't be any older than I am. She stares at me, like she can't believe I'm here too. The sad expression is still there, looking out of place on someone like her. 
I give her a brisk smile, nodding my head slightly. She blinks, and is it just a trick of light, or is she...blushing?

"Ehem," Pascao cuts in awkwardly," should we get started? We can have our homey reunions later."
Something clicks in June's eyes and she regains her composure. "Oh yes, I was wondering why you might bring me here Tess?" she nudges her playfully, though her voice is serious. 
Tess smiles a little, "We've recruited the Patriots, Pascao and I." she gestures to the group "And, well we need your help." 
June's eyes narrow is suspicion, "Don't tell me you're planning something like your last. The Republic has extended its securities since eleven years ago." Like your last? Republic securities? What am I missing out here?
Tess takes in a deep breath, her face full of anxiety," June, you need to trust me, trust us. I am not Razor, and will never be either, I know you're not fond of the patriots, but we really need you, we need June and Day again." June considers this, biting her lip, her eyebrows creased together, she's so beautiful that for a moment, I want to stay there, and look at her forever. She looks at Tess, then at me, her brown eyes glimmering gold where the dim street lamps catches it. Finally, she nods, and places her right hand on her chest, "I pledge allegiance to the Patriots." and though she said this little more than a whisper, I can feel her voice ring clear into the night.