Chapter One: Inception

Today's the second grading period of the school here in the Philippines.

I entered the classroom while reading a book about literature. As I was walking through in, I can see everybody seems to be so busy in reading romantic books, chatting about their love lives, sharing their burdensome stories in a gutsy way and gossiping about the behavior and the personal lives of other people.

People sure are strange these days. Noticing that people now always think about themselves and not to care for others resulting as a selfishness in humanity.

I dropped my bag and sat on my chair while still reading at my book. While I read my book intensely, a guy in a school uniform suddenly crashed right in front of me. The chair that I was seating on it suddenly turned toward the back and I almost fell while my eyeglasses fell off. It was a great shock causing my body to get smashed and felt a jolt on my leg like a friction burn.

What is wrong with you?! I shouted the guy in an angry manner.

Oh, Sorry. I didn't meant to. I'm really, really sorry. It was an accident. Sorry. The guy confusedly apologized me as he tried to pick up my eyeglasses on the floor and gave it back to me.

I sighed and chased the other guy laughing behind his back who just shoved him. I arranged the alignment of my chair the way it used to be and continued reading my book. Eventually, my concentrations cant pull itself together. Cause my brain keeps wandering about that guy. Who is he anyway? I've never seen him before inside the schools premises. Either the guy who shoves him.

After the flag ceremony ends, we all went up to our respective classrooms in an orderly manner along with the teachers.

Inside the classroom, our advisor says that she will present two new fresh pupils who will be joining us here in our schoolroom in the middle of the school year. As the door opened, it was the guy who accidentally knocked on me beforehand and his other mate. Just as I thought, they're new; basically transferees. Though I didn't expect the fact that they will be our later classmates!

The name of the one who shoved is Mark Antes while the other guys name is Karl Benvolio. The teacher gave them seats. Karl is now seated right beside me since no one ever wanted to seat near me. While Mark is now seated behind Karl's back.

I can hear the other girls murmuring about the two schoolboys saying some lascivious words and desires. The girls also said some ridiculous, malicious and spiteful things to me. I don't even understand why, but I conclude that I think they're jealous and envious because of seating with a two handsome and well-structured faces beside and near me. I mean, I really don't mind those two guys! They can have them as much as they want! I came here to school not to flirt, but to study and gain some knowledge!

Sheesh, who knows people today could be so desperate in love and pleasure. I mean, in a persons sexual attraction. Ugh, they made me want to puke right now.

The situation I'm in right now is kind of awkward. Todays the last period in the morning and yet I've never talked to him, not a single word and vice versa. Maybe because of the incident that happened earlier in the morning giving him anxiety. This situation is really making me uncomfortable. I need to break the ice, I'm going to need some topic to chat with him.

I faced him courageously and asked, Can I ask why did Mark shoved you earlier? Cause I'm somewhat curious about it.

He replied, Oh, sorry. We just went a little bit overboard. Sorry for being a nuisance. Karl answered my question silently with shame as he scratches his head.

As he talked, I can see that his eyes are pure. Like an innocent puppy, actually. I was observing him the way he moves. He's like a fallen angel from the sky. He's so very intense in an unexplainable way that he even gave me goosebumps.