Chapter Two: Devotion

Hey guys! Whats up? I entered the classroom in a joyful manner.

Dude, I think youre sick. Mark raised his right eyebrow as they glance at each other with Karl.

What? Is it bad to be cheerful sometimes? Besides, Ive just passed the entrance examination on a popular high-class university! Yahoo! I cackled then jumped for joy.

Todays the 13th of November, Friday; todays Friday the 13th. Mark and I became a close friends. He is the first person to be my closest except my family. Im so lucky to be his best friend.

One thing that I am lucky of, is that Im officially in love with my close friends best friend, Karl Benvolio. Thats why I can easily get closer to him. Teachers and other students declared us as The Ultimate Trio of the school. Meanwhile, judgments and arguments wont stop because of me, as they said. They keep telling me that Im such a fuss for those two boys. Girls are really against me! In spite of these problematic issues, two heroes always keep protecting me from them. On the other hand, I feel somewhat guilty. I keep on telling them not to guard me from those pesky girls. Itll only make it worse, I said.

At times where Karl and I are together, my heart feels tingly every time when he looks at my eyes prudently. His pure glossy hazel eyes, his sharp lovely cheeks, his flawless pointy nose, his silky light brown hair, his light-bronze tanned skin, his bulky Adams apple, his shiny kissable lips – Hes undeniably attractive, I admit. I only noticed his gorgeous face and structure at the time I fell for him.

I became real. I never knew that this would happen; he changed me, the whole me. By the power of love, I learn how to be grateful to others. Love has a forced as powerful and strange.

After the Biology class ended, I moved up into the third floor to go to my next particular subject.

Jean, I have something to tell you. Come here. Mark ordered me to go into an empty room with him to talk something privately.

I noticed something to you. If Im not mistaken, youre in love with my best friend, right? He silently talked as if somebodys going to hear it.

My sense went up. I was truly surprised. How did he knew? Is it obvious? Is it because he can read other peoples mind? Is he a psychologist? Could it be?

H-how did you know? I questioned him as my voice started to shiver.

Well, every time when Karl is with you, you acted reluctantly as if youre planning to do some crazy flattery ulterior motives. And sometimes, you always looked like a shy-goat. Its kind of obvious. He elucidated the details properly.

Not to worry, Im certain that hes not aware with that. He only sees you as a friend. He added.

We came outside the room as Karl coincidently popped-out.

There you guys are! Ive been looking for you two everywhere! Lets go. We still have some tasks to finish for the next period.

Karl is always there by my side when documents starts to outbreak me. That was probably the main reason why I fell. I cant believe Ive fell for him for a single useless reason.