Chapter eleven

We went to the back of Calypso's house where there was a path walk that leads to the falls... it took us about a minute before we get to the Drop of Death. Calypso and Niklaus were holding a torch... but the moon was bright, even without them we could see where we're heading.

The falls was about Forty feet high... its water was reflecting to the ray of the moon. It was so beautiful... I don't understand why they call it the Drop of Dead. Piles of rocks surrounding it, there was a piece of small land in front of the waterfalls. It's like a platform or something, I look at Niklaus "What do we do now?"

"You will stand in the middle of the land" Calypso said, she has a small empty bottle hung in her waist, she pulls it and gets water from the river "Drink this, once you've reach the land..."

I grabbed it, Niklaus kissed me in the forehead and let go of my waist, I turned around and started walking, my feet dunks into the cold water. I could hear the water crashing down as I get closer and closer... the sound gets louder. My knees were shivering; I crossed my arms to feel warm...

I took a deep breath and step up to the land in front of the waterfalls, I look at my shoulder and saw Calypso whispering something... I look back to the waterfalls and saw my reflection, I opened the bottle and drank the water.

I look at my shoulder again and both of them were gone...

"Niklaus?!" I shouted

"Are you scared?" I heard a woman's voice "I can feel your heartbeat getting faster..." it's coming from the falls, I look at it and I saw nothing, except my reflection...

"Show yourself!' I demanded

I saw a silhouette walking from the other side of the falls, she's coming closer and closer... wearing a black dress... "Are you sure you want to see me?"

"Yes..."

She walks across the falls and I saw myself, she looks just like me... except, her eyes were bloody red... skin was pale-white, nails were dark and long.

"Who are you?!" I was scared... of myself

"I am you, the real you..." she walks around me "This is who you really are... dark, evil, violent..."

"That's not true!" I shouted

"You're evil... and you know it!" she opened her hand and I started choking... she's powerful than me "You let your family die..." a ball of black magic hits me and threw me to the rocks! "You destroyed the kingdom of Hexes!"

Hot white pain rush to my body... I was lying on the water...

"Sooner or later, Niklaus will be dead soon, because of you..." she said

"Shut up!" I stand up and ran towards her with rage! I used my strength and punched her! She used her claws and scratches me, I kicked her in the stomach and ran. "I will never be like you!"

"You cannot run from me!" her voice was like mine, but it's more violent...

She pulls my hair and drags me down, I fell on the wet soil as I struggle in her hands. I can feel my scalp burning, tears were flowing to my cheeks. I can't beat her... I can't beat myself

"You're pathetic!" she spits at my face "Being nice makes you weak!" She drags me into the water, as I gasp for air...

We both plunged to the water...

She was strangling me in my neck; I can feel my lungs burning... I closed my eyes and focused on the air I was holding....

"Mum..."