Chapter four

I woke up shivering... I can hear the waves from the shore... we spend the night near the beach. I caught Niklaus sitting three feet away from me and he was watching me sleep, I sat and pushed myself back. I was afraid that he would slit my throat again; I wrap myself with the blanket, it was freezing cold...

"I already set the fire..." he still looks at me in pain "I have some grilled fish if you want something to eat..."

"Thank you..." I look away from him and gulp, my teeth is shivering

"It's cold huh?" he whispers something and the bonfire went higher "It's a Hex thing... always feeling cold, it's like you're already dead"

"But, I was..." I look at his eyes and I felt it again... the rage "you killed me, remember?!"

"Look, I'm sorry..." his cold voice cracks "the last thing want to do was to hurt you, but its part of the ritual..." he stood up and walk towards me, he kneel down and hug me "I'm sorry..."

"Stay away from me!" I push him and punch him on his face! I heard my fist crack, I stand up and walk a few steps backward

"It felt good huh?" he rubs his wounded face "Being angry..." he stand up and looks at me "go ahead... hurt me!"

I breathe faster, my teeth clenches and my fist was shaking with anger, I run towards him and punched him, but he catches my fist before it landed on his face. He pushed me away... "Being angry makes you powerful..."

I can't control my powers right now... unlike last night... I picked up the big rock near me... I want to kill him!

"But rage is not the only thing where you can get your powers..." he waves his hands and suddenly I can't move... he closed his fist and the rock floats in the air "Let me help you... Zarina, I need you to trust me..."

He puts down his hands and the rock drops, as I can feel my body again... he rushes towards me and hugs me tight "I'm really sorry..."

I felt his chest again... my chills were gone for awhile as he hugged me... I felt calm and safe again "Where are we heading next?"

"That's the problem..." he whispers "I lost the map..."

"What?!" I can feel it crawling inside me again, the anger

"Don't worry, we could ask some souls to help us..." he gave a quick smile "I'll teach you how to contact the dead..."

"What?" I was in chock "I think it's too fast for me to do that..."

"I know, but... we have to get Rebekkah soon..." he rubs my arms "I'll teach you everything that you need to know about Hex once my sister is safe..."

"I see..." I nodded "where do we start?"

He smile "We finish our food and then we walk again... we can sense some souls if there is any"

We ate the grilled fish and went for a little bath at the beach. We continued walking but, this time it was different... we have no clue where we're heading, that ugly Grotesque took us to a place that Niklaus and I didn't know. I was praying for a soul to appear and whisper us our way... but there was nothing, it was just some birds and couple of insects that makes noises in the forest.

We took a little rest at the nearby lake... Niklaus sat on a tree as he concentrates, maybe he's calling forth the souls that was lost in this world... I walk toward the lake to drink some water, I saw my reflection and I'm in shock. I look different, my skin was pale, eyes were a bit dark... lips was bloody red. I looked at Niklaus and look back at my reflection, I'm a Hex now... just like him. I saw my dress and was disgust because it's white. I want something dark... or black, the purity wasn't my taste anymore.