Chapter sixteen: The Dark Queen

ZARINA'S POV

I was shivering... my cold sweat flows all over my body, I can't take this anymore... the poison is slowly killing me. I was sitting in the corner of my cell; my body is covered with mud. It's been days since they lock me up here... in the prison cell of my own castle.

My head was spinning...

"Zarina..."

I can hear him again... my lips won't stop shivering "Get out of my head, get out of my head!!" I bump my head on the wall

"Zarina, I'm sorry..."

"No, stop please!" I shouted... I can hear Niklaus "You're not real... I'm just hallucinating" I closed my eyes, my body began to burn like hell "Stop it, please stop it!" I panted

I heard the gate opening...

I move back... I'm scared of what he might do to me... he grabs my cheeks and opened my mouth brutally. Pulls out a bottle of blue liquid and pours it in my throat...

I choked as he force me to drink it... it has a nasty taste, that made me feel qualmish... a thick substance crawls up my throat. He let go of me when I vomited a dark sticky fluid.... I felt relief when all of it was out of my body. I crawl back to the corner; a guy in a metal armor was staring at me...

"What have you done?" I wrap my arms around my body "Who are you?" I'm starting to feel normal again...

"The Queen wants to see you..." he pulls me up and pushes me out of the cell, I stumble down on my way out... he kept on pushing me to lead the way, I saw a girl inside another cell... her hair was messed up, skin covered with dirt, and nails filled with blood and shreds of skin... I recognized her... it was Rebekkah.

"Rebekkah!" I ran towards her cell

She looks right into my eyes "Zarina?" filled with hope again "Where's Niklaus?" she started crying

"Rebekkah, listen to me... stay strong, we're going to save you... understand?"

"Let's go!" the man shouted

She shook her head "There's no way out here, Zarina...." She said between sobs "This was all part of her plan..."

"Move!" He punched me in the face, hard enough to make me spit blood... I touched him and I can't feel his energy, I can't heal myself...

I stood up and continued walking... I remember all of it, the castle where I grew up... I just don't see it now, the men were different, and everything feels dark. Darker than the Hexes...

We walk inside the throne room... it's not the throne room that I remembered, before it was filled with beautiful flowers, Monarch Butterflies flying around... good music playing for the King and Queen... but now, it was surrounded with dead flowers and gray walls... it was the Dark Queen sitting on the throne...

"Welcome home... Zarina Burgeon of Pacifist!" her bloody lips gave a wide grin

"How dare you sit on that throne..." I can feel my temper rising

She laughs evily, echoed around the room... "Why so... furious, my dear?" she stood up, her dark eyes look right at me...

"If you're going to kill me, get done with it..." I said "Just leave Rebekkah alone..."

She walks down the stairs... "Such bravery, for a girl your age..." walk towards me "I guess I made the right decision of sparing your life..."

I felt it, the rage inside me... I ran to her and tried to punch her but the man pulls my hair and drags me down!