Chapter fourteen

We continued riding... neither of us isn't tired yet... the sooner we get there, the better.

"I cannot imagine Rebekkah's face when I tell her what we've been through, just to get her back..." The moon reflects on his pale face... I saw him smile for a second

"You miss her, huh?" a stupid question came out of my mouth

"Words cannot describe how much I miss her..." his cold voice turns soft "every time I ask myself if she's okay... I wonder where she is, what she's doing..." his voice cracks "I protected her ever since... and I failed, protecting her that night..."

"It's not your fault..." I said, trying to comfort him "...don't blame yourself" I know what it feels like, to lose a sibling... the pain I felt when they killed my younger brother Jeremiah, in front of me.

I remember Jeremiah... his sweet smile and his courage. I knew he was going to be a strong man, he told me he wanted to become a guardian... to fight for peace.

"We take a rest here..." He stopped his horse and jumps down "I'll make the fire..."

"Are we going to hunt for food?" I asked

"We have plenty of foods in my bag..." he pulls his horse and tied it in a nearby tree, he went to my place and accompanied me to step down the horse... tied it up beside his.

"I'll set the things here, go look for some woods..." I carried the bag and sat, on the grass while opening it. Pulls the jug out, and washed my face covered with blood... I checked other things inside the bag, there are foods, blankets and a dagger.

Niklaus came back with logs, just right after I've set the blankets and foods. He drops the logs three feet from where I'm sitting, rubs his hands and opened his palms... aims it to the logs and whispers "Flammula...." I watch it slowly as the logs consumes with fire. He turns and sits beside me

"That was stunning..." I smile

"Really?" he laughs and took some bread

"How did you do that?!" I was really amazed by what I saw

"It takes a lot of practice..." bites the bread "...and aiming too, if I aimed it wrong... I might burn some trees, or my face"

I laughed, but then I realized he wasn't joking "So, when will I learn that?"

"When we're finished with the Fire ritual, but you'll be more powerful when you're done with the transition. Your powers right now are very little..." he said

"I still have two elements left, can we finish that before we head to Pacifist?" I ate some bread

"We'll have everything we need once we get to the Merchant's Bay... we could stay there for a day or two." His face becomes serious "That's why you need to be strong, we'll rush the two rituals for two straight days..."

"Yes, my lord..." I smile

"I'm not joking..." he said

"Okay then, I'll take care of myself and save my strength for the rituals!"

***

I woke up in the middle of the night, My nightmares had stopped since the water ritual. Niklaus was sleeping soundly... I checked the fire and it's almost out of woods. I stood up and decided to get some woods, I don't want to bother Niklaus... he never had a quiet sleep since we left Anathema. He had done so much to protect me, and when all of these is over... maybe they could live with me in Pacifist, I hope I can make it up to him for all the help.