Chapter seventeen

I couldn't sleep last night, every time I close my eyes... all I see was Tomas being killed and eaten by those creatures. I walk in circles, thinking of some escape plan... in my right hand was a piece of paper, I wrote the ingredients for the antidote, I was hoping that the maiden would soon be here to wash me up.

The door opens... and I saw her... the maiden "Your grace..."

I straighten my body and watch the door being closed "You have to help me..." I whisper "I need these things as soon as possible..." I gave her the paper

She nodded "There's one more thing I wanted to tell you..." she pulls a key out of her pocket "The key for your door... I stole it from the other man last night while he was sleeping..."

"I never thought a Fay would steal something from someone..." I took it and hide it in one of those books in my shelf...

"After everything they've done to our kind... I don't think we'll be the same as we were before" she walks towards me "You don't look well, your grace..." brushes my hair

"How could I be, they butchered and ate Tomas..." the thought of it makes me shiver, I can still smell his blood... stuck in my memory

She pours a pail of warm water in a tub on the left corner of my room... "You should try to take some rest... if you want to get out of here." She assisted me in removing my clothes; I went in the tub and rub my arm with cloth. "The Dark Queen wants you to be perfect for today..."

"I don't want to see her..." I said "...or any of her kind. I want them dead, all of them!" I said in rage

She sighs "I know what you're feeling right now... but we have to play the game with her, if you want to take back your kingdom..."

"How long do I have to play with her, until everyone I care about is dead?"

"Until you have your powers back, your grace..." she whispers

The maiden was right, if I let my anger control me... I will lose, I need to be patient enough until I regain my powers and escape this hell...

"I need the ingredients, as soon as possible..." I held her hand "I don't know how long she'll let me live..."

"I will try my very best, your grace..." she assisted me in drying my body and putting a black dress on. Fixed my hair and covered me with perfume... then the door opens and she was dragged outside.

"Zarina..."

I felt a cold breeze, brushed against my cheek... I look on my shoulder and I saw mum... she was smiling at me... her hair was messed up, white dress covered with blood... and her chest was wide open, I could see her flesh and ribs from where I was standing...

"Mum?" I felt a warm fluid in my eyes

"You came back..." she smiles and opens her arms...

I ran to her but I can't touch her... she was a bit transparent "You have no idea how much I needed that hug..." I said in tears "What happened here mum, where's Jeremiah and Father?"

She walks around... but I can't see her feet touching the ground, her body was faded "The day that they attacked our kingdom... after you escaped, they dragged us down to the sanctuary that our ancestors built... and waited for the Queen..." her face was a bit confuse, she was trying to remember what happened

"Then... what happen?"

"The Queen came... she was holding a giant horn in her hand... as big as a sword I guess..." she shook her head, clearing her thoughts