SeraxFem!Trevelyan|Pride Cookies

Warning: cookies, cussing, and Sera being my sweet, sweet Sera(she is meh daughter).

Had Beth thought she would fell for the crazy, sloppy elf named Sera? Not at first, but she did. She didn't mind it very much, she actually enjoyed the feeling of butterflies in the pit of her belly whenever Sera was near, but what she did mind was the nagging thought in her mind that Sera could never feel the same way. The closest she could get was as a friend.

"Inky, c'mon! Stop just standing there!" Sera laughed as she stood on the outside of the window. Beth shook her head with a chuckle and step out of the tavern and onto the rooftop. The crisp mountain air nipped at her tan skin, her nose, ears, and cheeks turning a rosy red. Sera sat there with her goofy smirk on her face and a platter of cookies next to her. Beth returned her smirk with a small smile.

"We're eating. On a roof," Beth gave Sera a sideways look. The elf just took another bit of her cookie.

"They're horrible, right? And raisins, ugh! Frigging still hate cookies!" Sera hollered as bits of cookie flew out of her mouth. She wiped the corners of her lips with the back of her hand, then swallowed the treat.

"You know," Beth began, "This is as far from what I expected as we could get." When she looked back at Sera, she took note of the concentrated look that adorned her face- the look she always had before she told a story.

"I got caught stealing when I was little, yeah? You get alienate or worse for that, but the 'Lady Emmald' to me in. She was sick and couldn't have children. I have no parents. It worked out." Sera gazed off into the distance as she spoke, a small hint of sorrow in her voice. "Anyway, she gets a year sicker, so I ask her about cookies. Because mums make cookies. I can pass that down, or something. Turns out, she couldn't cool. She missed that talk with her mum. The ones she "made" she bought and pretended. Aw, right? Well, no, she was a bitch.

"She hid buying them by keeping me away from the baker. She did that by lying that he didn't like me, didn't like elves. She let me hate so she could protect her pride. I hated him so much, and I hated..." A long, tense silence settled on their shoulders: Sera held the cookie in her left hand and used her right to keep her sitting straight up.

"Well, she died, and I hate pride. 'Pride cookies'," Sera took another bite of the cookie, chewed and swallowed with a disgusted look on her face. "But? This Inquisition thing is working out. So I figured I could make some... 'Inquisition cookies'?"

Beth took a breath and replied. "I don't understand l. This Lady Emmald was just trying to be good to you."

"She hurt people."

"It was just cookies."

"It was not just cookies!" Sera snapped-not out of anger, out of sorrow-kind of. She wasn't angry. "Lie to herself? Fair play, only hurts her. But she made me think there was something wrong with me! And the baker? I made his life shit. Why not? It seemed like he deserved it.

"I mean, 'if you don't give a child a cookie because of appearances, you're a monster.' Stupid pride-whore noble. I know, I said it was stupid. That's why I want to get rid of it. I want to make better cookies." Sera looked up at Beth with those big blue eyes of hers, her nose red from the crisp air.

"You know what, that would be great," Beth smiled and chuckled a bit. Sera held a disappointed look on her features as she bowed her head.

"I knew... wait."" She snapped her head up with the brightest smile on her face, and Beth felt a light blush creep up on her neck and ears-thankfully, she could easily blame it on the cold. "Really? Because it seems frigging daft every step to me. Suppose it's not really about them. I hate learning lessons. Makes my stomach hurt. Anyway, I'll throw this rubbish away. Next time will be better, yeah?" The two hopped up and Beth chuckled.

"Sera? Anytime. Can we get off the room now?"

"Oh, yes please. Smells like bird and dank(memes). This part not a good idea."

As the two climbed back into the warmth of the tavern, Sera tapped Beth's shoulder. Beth turned to look at her and another blush threatened to stain her face.

"Thanks, yeah? Feels good, this."

Yes! I finally updated! Just so you know, the dialogue is straight out of the game, and I love Sera so fucking much(sorry not sorry for meh language). Just so you know, when I used the word 'mum', it's because that is what Sera said. In America, we call our 'mums', mom. Well, I call men mem, or mim, so. Or mother of four. Oh whale.

So, I'm not dead. I didn't die. I'm in Arkansas visiting my day right now, and when I go back to Kentucky, it will be the last three weeks of July, and that means band camp. I won't be at home, so I updates will come slower than usual. Updates will come slower than usual for the three following months as well(band keeps you busy).

If you are in marching band, tell me in the comments! And if so, are you in color guard, or do you play an instrument? Do you play an instrument at all? If not, do you want to play one, and which one?

Bye boos!

~C