Chapter 2

Marlyn and I started putting up posters to find a drummer for the band, and we put them everywhere.
"Do you think anyone will call?" I asked nervously.
"Definitely. We should have tryouts or something, so we can pick the one we like best. And it has to be someone we will be compatible with. Maybe we should play all together with each drummer?" Marlyn and I started walking to my house.
"I like that idea. Let's do that. We need to pick a song to play for it though." I ruffled my hair.
"Sugar We're Goin Down. Everyone knows that song. And the drums are pretty strong in that one."
"Perfect." I opened the door for her, then walked inside.
"We should practice it, we don't want to embarrass ourselves in front of them." She laughed, and grabbed her guitar.
I grabbed my bass, and we started walking into the garage, where all the band stuff was. I know, cliche.
"I already know the words, so we can focus on instruments." I said, and put the strap over my head. I plugged it into the amp, and tested out all 4 strings. They were already in the right tune, so I waited for Marlyn to tune her guitar.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Yep."

~~~

"We sound... Awesome!" Marlyn said,
"Yeah." I breathed, and wiped off my sweat.
"It kinda sounds weird without drums though."
"Yeah, speaking of which, I should check my phone." I walked over to my phone, which was sitting on the drum set.
"I'm going to open the door to let some fresh air in." She opened the garage door with the button, and people were standing outside.
"Oh.. I'm sorry, were we too loud? We'll be quieter next time, I swear it." I apologized to them, thinking they were angry neighbors with noise complaints... Which I get a lot.
"Oh, no. We were just wondering who was playing music. You guys sound great. And some of us are drummers..." A tall guy with a green fringe said.
"How many of you are drummers?" Marlyn asked. About 7 people raised their hands, including the green haired guy.
"How many of you know how to play Sugar We're Goin Down?" I asked. 3 people raised their hands.
"Ok, we'll take you three first. Whoever wants to go first can come in.. I guess?" Marlyn said. A girl with short blonde hair walked up to the drum set, and sat down. She brought her own drumsticks.

~~~

"Who do you like the best?" I asked Marlyn, out of breath.
"Well I like Ellie's style of drumming, but it doesn't really fit our style. So I feel like we should go with Grey." She said. Grey was a tall girl, she had long black hair, and it had kind of a spiked style to it. Her eyes were a silvery color.
"Yeah, I think we had the best chemistry with her. I'll call her tomorrow."
"I'm so glad I finally get to play in a band!" Marlyn grinned.
"Yeah, I'm glad I'm able to do this again. And this time, not with sweaty boys." I laughed.