Chapter 2.

The mice's p.o.v.

When Freya was tossing corns to the hens, that was the mice's cue to come out and get breakfast as well. A group of mice's named Chazz, Hassleberry, Jesse as well as Jaden and Syrus, rushed down the mouse holes in the house and entered the base floor only to stop suddenly up when they saw Pharaoh at the front door.

"Stupid Pharaoh" Jaden complained "How are we gonna get out?".

"Soldiers we have to regroup" Hassleberry yelled and they all rushed inside the mouse hole once again. The mice looked at each other.

"So how are we gonna get out slacker" Chazz snort and stuck his head out of the hole and looked at the big mean cat. The others followed him.

"Yeah, it is not like he is letting us pass so easily" Jesse commented worried.

"Big brother?" Syrus questioned and looked up at Jaden. He was thinking.

"Gotcha, I think I got a plan" he then said and the others looked at him "Now somebody has to sneak out and make Pharaoh chase him, then run over to the hole in the corner and keep Pharaoh there. Then we others run out, Gotcha?".

"Yep sarge gotcha" Hassleberry replied and the others nodded.

"Now we have to chose the one who shall do it" Jaden continued "Let's do Ibby dibby hop". They all hopped and turned their back to each other. Syrus did what they others did. Then they tangled their tails together and Jaden should pick one to do it. He closed his eyes and picked a tail. Then the others who wasn't picked hopped away. Jaden turned around and looked at the tail he caught, which so happens to be his own. Syrus was congratulating him. He had no clue how dangerous this mission was. The others had bowed their hats in concern and Jesse waved him silently goodbye.

"I like it" said Chazz "The one who came up with the idea, is the one to do it". Jaden bit his lip. Then he looked at Syrus and decided that Syrus couldn't have a cowardly brother. He took a deep breath and mustered all the courage he had and then he walked out of the mouse hole. He slowly sneaked in on Pharaoh, while the other mice were watching. Jaden managed to get really close without the cat noticing. Pharaoh was leaning his head at his arm, while his elbow was holding his head. The other are played around with the milk, which the cat once in awhile licked with his tongue. Jaden looked at the lazy cat and came up with a new idea. He walked back some steps and then rushed forward with all his speed and slammed into Pharaoh's elbow which made the cat drop his head in the bowl full of milk. When the cat had recovered from that, Jaden ran into the pond of milk on the floor and splashed the milk in the cat's face. Pharaoh sneered angry and began chasing Jaden around the whole place. Just like in the plan Jaden managed to get the cat over to the corner and keep it there. He was signalling to the others from the mouse hole that they could walk by now, but they should bring something back for him. The others mice nodded and made Syrus follow them outside in the courtyard.

Outside the mices were yelling up and trying to make Freya notice them. She smiled when she saw them and tossed a pile of corn on the ground. The other mice quickly grabbed a corn or two and began leaving the place again. However Syrus who was new in all of this, got surrounded by the hens who wanted the corn as well. A fierce battle began, sort of, but Syrus was of course outmatched. In the end Freya noticed this and made the hens leave. Then she tossed more corns at the ground so Syrus could get something as well. He quickly began grabbing a pile of corns. For himself and his precious big brother.

The other mice had entered the house once again. They had all in some way forgotten about Syrus. They however looked inside and noticed Jaden. He had seen them as well and quickly placed his hat on his tail and stuck it out of the hole to get Pharaoh's attention. The cat, it was not the brightest cat here, quickly tried to grab him and that made him occupied so the others could sneak inside again. In the back troup was Syrus of course. He was holding very concentrated the piles of corns while walking inside. Therefore he didn't notice the kant of the shirt which made him trip and all the corn fell out of his hands and made a lot of ruckus. That of course woke up Pharaoh and of course he noticed the little mouse who now was collecting the lost corns again. Jaden of course tried to make Pharaoh notice him, but the cat wasn't interested any longer. He began sneaking in on poor Syrus. Syrus had finally grabbed all the corns again when he was now face to face with the cat. Panic hit the little mouse and he tossed the corn away and began running as fast as he could. Sadly Pharaoh had a good grip in his tail so Syrus wasn't really running away. Jaden saw that and in his last attempt to save his new found 'brother' he pushed the broom who was luckily beside him and slammed it in the head of the cat. That made Pharaoh groan in surprise and he let go of Syrus. The little mouse rushed away somewhere.