6. A new day

Levy's P.O.V.

The smell of eggs and bacon woke her up early in the morning. Blinded by the sun, she closed her eyes again and turned around to escape the bright light. Something fluffy laid in her arms and she pressed it tighter against her body. She didn't want to leave her apartment so early, though she loved her job at the old library, sometimes it was better to stay in the warm, cozy bed. The blanket that was draped over her, was really comfy and she sighed, just wanted to sleep a little longer.

"Levy, you are choking me!"

Her eyes widened in shock when she looked at her surroundings. She was definitely not in her apartment. Instead, she laid on a big couch, under blankets she hadn't seen before and with wearing a big shirt that didn't belong to her. Her look wandered down to her arms, where the voice came from. In her arms laid a pretty black cat with a scar over his eye. Within one second, her memories came back in her mind again.

"Oh, Lily, I am so sorry!". She loosened her grip and the cat could breathe again. After a few deep breaths, Lily looked up at her with a little smile on his lips.

"It's okay Levy, don't worry. If I can sleep in your arms every day I will be able to take that." She smiled back at him and stroke him behind his ears. Their peaceful morning was interrupted too soon.

"Stop flirting over there and help me cat!" She sat up on the couch when she heard his voice, covering her eyes with her hands when the sun shine directly in them. Suddenly, she put her hands away because shadow covered her now. Looking up, Gajeel stood in front of her, looking down at her with a death glare.

"Good morning Gajeel", she greeted him and presented him a big grin, realizing that his look wasn't for her, it was for Lily who immediately jumped from her lap. Gajeel took a glimpse at her before walking away again, not greeting her at all. Now, she sat alone on the couch while both of her saviours shot death glares at each other.

... That was obviously odd.
Levy decided to get up off the really couch as well (it didn't seem too comfy anymore after a hard night on it) and walked to the table. Her heart jumped against her chest when she saw what stood on the table. Maybe she was still in dreamland? No, definitely not. The table wasn't plain anymore like the day she arrived at their little hut, now there stood a lot of different plates with everything the heart could ever wish for. From eggs and bacon to coffee and orange juice, even waffles and pancakes stood on the wooden table and her mouth was watering.Her eyes searched for the one who prepared all of this and her look caught on Gajeel.

He stood in the kitchen, still wearing nothing but loose pants, now exposing his back to her, that was covered with his long, black hair. What was he doing? She took a look at him, then she glanced back at Lily. He couldn't have done all of this, he wasn't the one who prepared all these different kinds of meals. Glancing back at Levy, it hit her. The half dragon was really the one who cooked. And judging from the smell of the dishes, he did it great. With a lot of self- control, she could stop herself from bursting out in laughter. He was acting all tough and bad and then he stood there on the stove cooking for her and Lily.

"Wipe that big grin away and sit down shorty!" Now she couldn't hold back anymore and giggled quietly, turned around to do what he said.

"I am really not THAT short, seriously Gajeel? You are just too big, accept it!" Just his laugh as respond.

She didn't notice something before. Somehow, there were three chairs now at the table instead of two, Gajeel must have arranged that while they were asleep. With a smile, she took a deep breath. It smelled incredibly good, all the different dishes placed on the desk looked so delicious and she couldn't wait for much longer before eating it all. She looked up and her sight stuck onto his back again. Who would have thought that the grumpy, moody half dragon was a fabulous chef?