12. That special day

Due to someone (that person definitely knows I mean her/him) the next chapter is up today. I hope you like it ;D
________________

Levy's P.O.V.

The forest passed by while she ran down the mountains. Craving for something she knew, Levy had chosen the path through the mountain and quickly found her known forest on the other side. The humans didn't bother her at that moment, all she wanted was being alone.

While she ran aimlessly through the forest, more and more tears ran down his cheek and fell on the wet grass. Her head was empty, she suppressed every single thought of the stupid dragon. He wanted her to disappear, to die, anyway.

After a long time, it could have been minutes as well as a few hours, she sat down in the grass, trying to organize her thoughts. Her eyes weren't watery anymore, just because she had no tears left.

"If I had known how incredibly annoying you are; I wouldn't have rescued you from these stupid townies!"

These words hurt her more than she thought. He literally said it would have been better for him to ignore her, to let the townies catch her so they were able to punish the mage. And kill her. She shouldn't have thought about it because the tears began to appear again.

"Levy? I searched you everywhere, where have you been?".

Surprised, she jumped up and squared off, looking to her left where the voice had come from. It didn't surprise her when she saw a tall, young, orange haired man standing just a few meters away from her. It looked like he wanted to close up on her, but her fighting position scared him off. His eyes were glued to her fists.

"What do you want?", she asked him furiously. He raised his head to look at her, he even tried a little smile.

"I searched you the past two weeks! Levy, we need to leave, the others still want to see you dead! Come on Levy!", he said with a worried expression, but she didn't move a bit.

"You are one of the hunters as well Jet. You really think I didn't hear your voice, calling out for the 'slutty mage'?", she asked him innocently, ready to attack him. Trusting him wasn't an opinion. She could tell how nervous he was, but not because he wanted her to go with him, it was because he would gain a high reputation when he would be the one to take her back, to find the mage so she could finally be assassinated.

"Levy, think about it, if I hadn't been with them while they searched you, they would have suspected me! Now we can finally leave together, I'll make sure no one hurts you!"

Did he really think, that would convince her? When she wanted to respond, something else distracted her.

The earth began to shake all of a sudden and she had a hard time to stand straight instead of landing on the ground. After a few seconds, the ground was calm again, but she knew someone new joined them. When she heard a growl from behind, her head hung down with her eyes closed.

"Don't go with him"

She didn't want to turn around; she knew that voice immediately. Jet looked over her shoulder to see who said that. Probably, he couldn't find him. Gajeel always hid in the shadows. Her shoulders began to shake and she couldn't hold back. She laughed.

"I thought that's what you want dragon. It would be better, wouldn't it Gajeel?

You know what? I wouldn't go with my 'best friend' in a thousand years. But I'll proof I'm not so weak anymore. Go back to Lily Gajeel, he's probably worried about you. I am no longer bound to you in any way. You won't see me ever again", she whispered with new tears in her eyes, she finally stopped laughing. Though Jet couldn't hear her silent voice, she knew Gajeel was able to. Her weakness wouldn't be his burden any longer.