Chapter 12

Jesus POV

Messiah like to play dirty I see, mama always told me family was supposed to stick together...but ion know anymore.

"What we gonna do?" Chris said laying on his bed with his good arm behind his head as his left was patched up at the top.

"Kill Messiah AND King." I said matter-of-factly smiling.

"First things first we hav-" He looked at the door as Karmela walked in with red eyes.

"Can I stay in here... I'm scared." Karmela walked in shedding a tear.

"Yeah," I replied as she got into my bed. Since I was already at the end of the bed I got up so she could get under the covers.

"Christian....Jesus, are you okay? I don't want anyone to get hurt." Karmela said laying on her side as tears went onto the pillow.

"I'm straight, just took a bullet."

"Shhhh, y'all hear that?" I asked as everyone got quiet.

"We looking for Marquez Perkins? Is he home?" I heard the cops ask, but it was faint because my door was closed.

"Yeah it's me," I heard my dad loud and clear.

"We are here to search your house..."

"Do you have a warrant?" Marquez asked.

"Matter-of-fact....we do." I heard a lady voice say.

"Mannnn, I got kids in the house what they supposed to do?"

"Well, go get them because I'm SURE you gonna need a hotel or something after we're done." The guy voice said.

I heard other people walk in mumbling to herself. I heard my dad heavy boots come up to our door. Then it opened.

"Get your important shit and we're going to our safe house don't pack no clothes...understood?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Yes sir," We all said as we went separate ways. I grabbed a picture of Mama, Chris and I, Karmela, King, Messiah, and my dad from Christmas pictures.

It was kinda new since that was 2months ago.

I grabbed my laptop, my phone and chargers. That was pretty much it. I looked at the 5 police officers and walked past them out into the car.

We left the house in our jeep.

We left the radio off as I heard the car drift upon the new roads that I enjoyed hearing the smooth sounds. I looked over to a sleeping Karmela who had her headphones in laying on my shoulder. Chris was in the front talking to my dad.

"Yeah my favorite was Kevin Gates." Chris replied.

"So, Jesus what you got planned?" My dad said occasionally gripping the steering wheel.

"To kill Messiah an King." I told him as he looked at me from the rear view mirror.

"Nahhh keep Messiah... I got King." He told me.

"Jesus, Dad no disrespect but yall dumb as hell. Feds already picking up this case and yall ready to catch a body." Chris said looking out the window.

"Well I guess I'm going to jail because I need to protect Karmela if it is the LAST got damn thing I do." He added.

I sighed before I spoke. "What me and Messiah-"

"Messiah and I." Karmela replied as I shrugged her off of me catching a attitude.

"Well, MESSIAH AND I got personal beef, so when he personally tried to body me I'm gonna personally return the favor."

"Daddy ion want you to go to jail and Jesus ion want you to get hurt." Karmela spoke. "Chris is already hurt...look at him. Quit adding fuel to the fire."