Chapter 15

Chris POV

I walked into the emergency room and seen Jesus.

We rushed towards him everyone asking him questions but my mind was blank and seems as if everyone was speaking in slow motion.

I sat down in the chair as Jesus eyes were red and he left.

"Dad is he going to see mama?" I asked him.

"No, he going to see that girl.... apparently she lost the baby." My father spoke as I looked over at my little sister Karmela.

She was so lightskin I seen her skin turning a bright red as she was silently crying and praying in the corner.

"So, who you think did this?"

"Dad... I think it was King," I accused, I mean it had to be him.

"Why, I mean they were having relat-"

"Dad right about now.... everyone is guilty."

*

*

Laniyah POV

No words can describe what in the hell I was feeling, I was 8 months pregnant. They told me I had to give birth and to see a baby's dead body, but to hear no cry... no sound. It hurts.

I looked at my baby before they took him away and he had the prettiest hair, I could only imagine the eyes. My baby was gonna be the greatest sight I have ever seen. It was gone in the blink of the eye.

I looked over at Jesus who was laying with me in my hospital bed as we laid in the bed together.

"Do you think your mother is gonna be okay?" I asked stroking his face.

"I don't know," He spoke hoarsely.

I just held him as he held me. I kissed his forehead telling him it was alright and we both know the truth was; nothing was alright.

"Are you okay ?" He asked me as I thought about it.

"No, but I will be... soon." I replied. "I never got your name?

"Jesus."

"For real?" She asked as he nodded. "You know when I knew I was having a son I was gonna name him Angel... it's sounds strange but I knew this Mexican guy name Angle and the name stuck."

I looked back at Jesus for a response but he was sleep.

*

*

*

6 hours later
Chris POV

We sat in the waiting room, Jesus included. Still waiting as the doctor walked in.

"Family of Diamond Perkins?"

"Here!" We said in unison.

"Well, I'm sorry... we did all we could but she didn't make it."

The whole room burst in a mix of cries and tears. Karmela hugged dad while crying as Jesus sat there. I didn't shed a tear like I thought I would...

Even people in the waiting room were crying after watching Karmela's breakdown.

"Daddy got you.... Daddy got you." My father kept saying clutching Karmela as he shed tears of his own.

Jesus walked out of the hospital as I looked down wondering if my mother was going to hell?

_________4 days later________

"Aye y'all mom on the TV!" I yelled as everyone rushed in the room.

"Hello, I'm Terry White and Messiah Larson in custody for murder of his mother Diamond Perkins he will be charged with first degree and second degree murder." Terry said as they showed a picture of Messiah then, my mother.

*

*

*

Laniyah POV

Jesus and I walked back up the stairs after we found out my ex-babydaddy murdered their mother. I mean their is basically no loyalty in their family.

We walked back in his room as I walked into the bathroom.

I grabbed a pregnancy stick from under the sink I hid as I peed on it, locking the bathroom door.

I waited and waited as I checked my phone.

4:30seconds left.

I sighed as this feeling in my stomach felt as if something was wrong. The door jiggled then stopped.

"Open the door," He said sternly.

"Okay hold on."

I put the stick in my pants; flushed the toilet, washed my hands and opened the door.

"You okay?"

"Yeah baby I'm fine," I smiled as he looked my upside my head, then grabbed my shoulders pushing me out the way. He then closed the door in my face followed by him using the restroom.

My timer beeped on my phone as I stopped it looking at the clear blue pregnancy stick and it said.

Pregnant.

Jesus washed his hands and my heart dropped as he opened the door.

"Surprise.... I'm pregnant."