Chapter Four.

Valerie groaned when she saw the familiar school come Monday morning. She hated that hell hole. It made her the unhappiest person she had ever met.

"Just get out of the car, Val," Genee demanded, rolling her eyes. "It's just school! You'll have your friends there to be with you."

"I want the weekend back!" Valerie moaned, getting out of the car with her favorite coffee cup in hand. "Bye."

Genee chuckled, driving off to the twelfth-grade campus. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Chance and his guy friends smirking at her, looking up and down at her. She couldn't see why; she wasn't that pretty in her eyes. She had her hair up in a neat high ponytail, she had on a Victoria's Secret LOVE graphic high-low tank top, Glamorous black della studded shorts, and GUESS Jo combat boots. She was wearing her favorite Thomas Sabo bow stud earrings and a TOPSHOP quilted leather look biker jacket to keep her warm from the cold September air.

"Hey Val!" She heard a muscular male voice say from behind her as she kept walking to find her friends. She whipped her head around, only to see Chance and his group of following idiots continuing to smirk at her.

"Shut up Chance!" She shouted over her shoulder. A few feet away, she saw Mary and Christina. She started to walk a little faster, but suddenly someone grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Hey now," Chance's voice whispered into her ear. She could just hear that stupid smirk in his voice. "Don't be mean to me now."

"How many times do I have to say 'leave me alone'?" Valerie snapped, glaring daggers at him. "Besides, where's your slut of a girlfriend at? She probably wore her shorts too short and forgot about the school dress policies."

Chance glared even more intensely at her. "Don't you even dare say that about Baleigh, ever again. I don't care who you are to me Val, but never say anything like that about Baleigh again. Got it?"

Valerie rolled her eyes, but nodded. "How long have you two been dating anyways?"

"Three months, two weeks, and two days."

Woah. Valerie didn't expect that. She didn't think he would be so accurate, in fact, she thought he wouldn't even know. Her eyes locked in on his hand tightly grasping her wrist. She harshly drew her arm out of his grip, and walked off to her best friends.

"What was that about?" Christina asked, curious and worried. "You both looked angry."

Valerie heaved a sigh. "Well, he decided to talk to me and wouldn't leave me alone, so I asked him where his stupid slutty girlfriend is at. He got all defensive and told me not to say anything about her like that ever again. I asked him how long he and Barbie have been dating-"

Valerie was cut off by her best friend Mary asking, "And how long have they been dating?"

"Three months, two weeks, and two days," Valerie repeated Chance's exact words, but hers held no pride and confidence like his. Instead, hers held boredom and were flat. "I didn't expect him to be accurate or even know!"

"They sure are lovey dovey for only been dating three months," Christina muttered under her breath. "I thought they have been dating for like a year!"

Both Mary and Valerie nodded. Honestly, they wouldn't be surprised if anyone didn't know they have been dating for three months instead of a year.

"So Val, are you going to the family dinner?" Mary asked out of the blue, desperately looking around for Kirkland.

Valerie's head tilted to the side a little, but then she immediately knew what her best friend was talking about. "Oh yeah. I don't want to go, but my mom is making me."

"What family dinner?" Brycen Xandiers, one of the star football players, asked. He wrapped an arm around Valerie's waist, smiling down at her.

"Bryce, you know what we're talking about," Valerie chuckled. "You know, the HUGE family dinner that our parents make us have every few months so we can keep in touch?"

"Oh yeah!" He finally understood, making Val and Mary roll their eyes.

"Clueless much?" Mary smirked.

"Well, I can't wait to see my third period buddy! When is it again?"

"Tomorrow night I think?" Valerie answered, looking towards Mary for a nod or correction. Luckily, Mary nodded. "At 5:30."

"Aw, but I have football after school that ends at 5!" Brycen complained, making Valerie and Mary laugh.

"Who's gonna be there to cheer you on?" Valerie smirked. "Is it going to be Ashlyn or Paige?"

"It's going to be you because everyone knows how good you look in a skirt," He winked at Valerie. "Just imagine what the guys would say when they see a beauty like you cheering me on."

Valerie's mouth fell open, then she smacked his arm. "I thought we agreed that I am not meant to be a cheerleader, especially for you Bryce. And stop rubbing your arm like I actually hurt you. It makes you look like a freaking cry baby."

Brycen wiped a fake tear, then put his hand over his heart, acting hurt. "You can really hurt someone's feelings, Val. No wonder why Chance and Garrett say you're a bully."

Valerie laughed, then hugged her friend's waist. "Aw, I'm sorry babe! You know I'm not a bully. I luh you!"

"I luh you too!" Brycen exclaimed, hugging Valerie even tighter. "And I always will! Oh, and to make up for your abusiveness towards me, you have to wear Annie's old cheerleader outfit and cheer me on at practice."

Valerie's mouth was agape once again. She absolutely hated cheerleading, ever since her mother made her try out each year. "Fine, Bryce. Just for you, and please don't make me look like a fool."

"I should be telling you that. So, please don't make a fool out of me!"

Valerie slapped Brycen's arm again. Oh how he annoyed her, but she still loved him like a brother. "Shut up, Brycen James Xandiers. Or else I'll tell your mommy that you were being mean to me."

Brycen knew that when Valerie threatened someone, she meant it. He knew a whole lot better than the idiots he hang out with. "Valerie, please don't! Mom will kill me!"

Valerie laughed once more, hugging him once more. "Don't worry, Bryce. You know I would never tell your mom on you unless I wanted to."

Brycen was about to say something, but he was cut off by the bell for first period. He cursed under his breath, making Valerie slap his arm for the third time in just about seven minutes. Yep, he couldn't wait for tomorrow night.