Chapter Five.

The Next Day; Thursday, September 12th; 4:15 P.M.

"Come on out Val!" Brycen exclaimed, leaning against his car door. He had brought Valerie to his house before he went to practice, and was trying to get her to leave the house in his sister's old cheerleading uniform.

"Um, hell no!" She shouted, peeping her head out of the front door. "I look weird and retarded!"

"Val, you could never look weird or retarded," He boomed in laughter. "You're too pretty for that. Now just come out and show your little ass off."

Valerie huffed in anger, but reluctantly walked out of the front door in the cheer uniform. She glared at her buddy with annoyance, who was trying to stifle a laugh. "I told you I looked weird and retarded, but NO! You just had to see me in this uniform!"

"You look amazing, like always," Brycen smiled, setting his hands on her waist. "Believe me! I didn't think you would actually fit in it, much less look this good in it."

"Shut up beyotch," Valerie glared. "I hate you. I can't believe you are making me do this. I suck at cheering. You owe me, like a lot."

Brycen rolled his eyes, opening the passenger door for his best girl buddy to get in. She climbed into the Porshe, immediately turning the volume up to her favorite song, "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell. As Brycen got in, he burst into laughter when he saw Valerie singing and dancing in his car. "Val, stop it. It's just a song!"

"But this is my jam!" Valerie replied pouted. "YOU THE HOTTEST BITCH IN THIS PLACE!"

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about this, you know."

Valerie shrugged. "You're the one that's dragging me into this. Might as well make it fun."

That was how the ride went for the next ten minutes. Valerie would start singing to a song she called her "jam", and then Brycen would try to make her shut up. That's the friendship of Valerie Reeds and Brycen Xandiers, everybody.

"So, what do I have to do again?" She asked for the fifth time.

They got out of the car, Brycen in his football gear and jersey, and Valerie in the old cheerleader uniform. She couldn't stand that she had to do this today and tomorrow.

"Whenever I go out to practice, just start cheering me on," Brycen said, grabbing his football helmet that had the number "40" plastered on both sides.

"I'm going to regret this," Valerie muttered under her breath, walking with Brycen to the football stadium. When they entered, all she saw was tons of built guys tackling each other like animals. Actually, that's exactly what they were doing.

"Okay, well I gotta go practice, so just do what I told you!" Brycen shouted as he hustled over to his teammates. "Just do the shit right!"

Valerie shook my head, which made her bun shake left and right. How he wanted her to cheer for him was beyond her knowledge. He knows I hate cheerleading with a burning passion, yet he wants ME to CHEER for HIM, Valerie thought to herself. Idiot.

"Valerie?" Someone's voice questioned from far away, making her head spin to their direction. It was Abbie Sweston, one of the only nice cheerleaders that Valerie knew. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Brycen," Valerie replied, rolling her eyes. "That stupid idiot dragged me here so I could cheer for him. He should know that I can't cheer."

"Do you need any help?" Abbie asked kindly, making Valerie smile. "Cause I wouldn't mind. I love helping people."

Valerie shook her head. "No thank you, Abs. If someone teaches me, Brycen will make me come to every practice. I'm going to embarrass him, so he won't ever want me to come again."

Abbie laughed, smiling. "That's brilliant. Tell me what happens! I'm sure you know by now that I'm going to that stupid families' dinner in an hour."

She nodded, watching the perky cheerleader skip away to the cheer squad. From far distance, she could see Brycen staring at her with a glare, waiting for her to start cheering on. Valerie rolled her eyes, but started doing different moves with the pom-poms.

"Go Brycen!!" She exclaimed, jumping up in the air. "GO 40!!"

Brycen gave her a thumbs up, then suddenly got tackled by Chance Martins, who of course, was number 1. The quarterback that made every girl weak to her knees, except Valerie and her friends. Everyone saw the amazing, but hurtful, tackle, and muttered "ouch."

"Are you okay Bryce?!" Val shouted, jogging over to her best guy friend. They may argue a bunch, but she was going to make sure that her best friend was alright. She knew that when Chance tackles someone, he does it hard, and it hurts like hell. Valerie knelt down next to Brycen, waving her pom-poms in his face.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, Val," He muttered, shoving the pom-poms away from him. "Maybe I shouldn't have brought you to cheer."

"Yeah, stop distracting my linebacker!" Chance teased. Valerie could just hear the smirk in his voice as the words slid out of his mouth.

"Shut up, Martins!" Valerie snapped at him wtih a glare. "Why don't you stop getting distracted by your gilrfriend?"

"Oohh, burn!" Three male voices said aloud in unison, making Valerie smirk. She recognized those voices; Ashton Westfield, Daniel Vincent, and Troy Curts. Three cute guys that always backed her up, no matter what.

"Why don't you shut up, Reeds?" He couldn't come up with any good comebacks, which was very rare. "Like I told you yesterday, never talk about my girl like that. I'll go out on you. You better watch your back."

She rolled her eyes. Like a guy like him would scare her. Don't get her wrong, Chance was intimidating, but he couldn't make her afraid of him. As far as everyone knows, she has never been afraid of anybody. "Is that the best comeback and threat you can come up with? If it is, then that's just sad."

"Boys! Get back to practicing! We only have half an hour left!" The football coach, Coach Dowers, screamed at his team.

Chance rolled his eyes. "I'll deal with you later, Reeds."

Valerie rolled her eyes again, which she seemed to be doing a lot lately. "Whatever, Martins."

~ ~ ~

Thursday, September 12th; 4:55 P.M.

Valerie climbed into Brycen's Porshe, immediately buckling her seat belt. "Finally it's time to go!"

Brycen chuckled. "How do you think I feel? Oh! Thanks for cheering for me!"

"Yeah you better say 'thank you!'" She muttered as Brycen put his foot on the gas pedal. Her hands clutched onto the seat at the speed he was going. 80 mph in a 35 mph zone.

"Now it's time to get ready for the stupid dinner."

"Just hurry up and get me home so I can get ready," She demanded. She hated being late to things like this. She didn't know why, but she just got irritated. Now that she has to dress all elegant, she's going to be even more threatening and aggressive.