Chapter Eight.

"Good mornin' VALERIE!!" Valerie's younger brother Benny shouted in her ear, waking her up fully. "Mommy said that she has a surprise for you."

At the mention of the word 'surprise', Valerie leaped out of bed and hurried to get ready for school. There was no way that she wasn't going to rush when her mother had a surprise waiting downstairs for her. She ran to her bathroom, almost nearly knocking Benny and her youngest sister, Naomi, down to the ground. "Whoops! Sorry about that Benny and Naomi!"

"It's okway!" Naomi grinned.

Valerie chuckled once she heard her baby sister try to say 'okay'. Naomi was only two years old after all, and it was difficult for all the Reeds children to pronounce words at a young age. She did her morning routine after seeing her knot-filled hair and unusual pale complexion. She was never this pale. "Ugh! I hate looking pale when I have a tan complexion."

To get rid of her paleness, she started putting foundation/base and blush on her face. She walked to her walk-in closet to choose an outfit for today. She wanted to look good in front of Daniel during school and after school. She immediately found a navy polka dot tie front blouse, and matched it with her Earnest Sewn mid-rise mint skinny jeans. She walked out in the first-choice outfit, and showed it to Benny and Naomi. "This or dis?"

"Disss!" They exclaimed in unison, shaking their head at the outfit they didn't like.

Valerie sighed, and walked back into her closet. She came back out in a Love the Classic Stone bow vest, Miss Selfridge bleach super skinny jeans, an Aeropostale faux fur vest, and a pair of floral combat boots. "Now what do you think of this one?"

"LOVE!!" The small children shouted, excitement in their eyes.

Valerie smiled widely, happy with her younger siblings' decision. She was in love with the outfit already and didn't feel like changing into a third-choice outfit. The one thing she was focused on was her surprise that her mother had in-store for her. She walked back into her bathroom and fixed her long brown hair into a messy braid that she was going to fix later.

"How do I look?" She turned to her two young siblings, raising her eyebrows with a hopeful expression.

"Pwetty!" Little Naomi complimented, the huge grin still on her face. Her older brother Benny nodded in agreement, giving Valerie a thumbs up.

Seeing that she looked good enough, she ran downstairs after grabbing her phone and wallet. She grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the island bar, and took a small bite out of it.

"Sweetie, I have a surprise for you!" Her mother squealed in excitement. "I'm sure you will love it!"

"What is it, Mom?" Valerie questioned, a small bottle of excitement burst from inside her.

"Well, you know how I always have to bring your baby brothers and sisters to school all the time and I can never bring you? I know you don't always want Genee to bring you to school."

Maybe I am getting a car!! Valerie squealed to herself. Maybe, just maybe, she was right! Well, at least Valerie hoped. She hated the silence her mother was giving her to answer. All she wanted was the surprise!

"I got you...a car!" Her mother answered for her, making her jump up in excitement.

"Seriously?!" Valerie grinned.

Her mother nodded, throwing her the brand new car keys, and showed her the even more brand new truck that was waiting outside just for her. She immediately ran outside and hopped in the Dodge Ram 3500. "THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!! I LOVE YOU!!"

And with that, she drove off to school. She felt like a new person with her own transportation.

----------------------

 Valerie pulled her new truck up to the student parking lot, parking next to Kirkland's 1970 Mustang. Or as Valerie and Mary always called it, Kirkland's Old Timer Mustang. She smiled slyly to herself when she saw Mary and Kirkland kissing up against his Mustang. Then she frowned when she saw Chance leaning against his Porshe, kissing Baleigh all over her face. Truth is, she found is sickening and down right revolting. She didn't understand why everyone thought they were the "Star Couple" of the entire school! On Chance's Instagram, all you can see is pictures of him and Baleigh, but on Baleigh's Instagram, all you saw were pictures of herself. It was like she never even loved him, while he was tragically in love with her. Even her biography on her Instagram was totally different from his.

Baleigh's Bio. on Instagram:

You Can Call Me Queen Bee!

Ayee! I'm Baleigh Hills! I'm 16 years young and am enjoying it so far! I'm dating Chance Brennin Martins. Porsha and Taylor are my Sunshines! Cheerleading and Dancing are my entire life <3! 1/12/1997 is when this Queen was born!

Chance's Bio. on Instagram:

Chance Brennin Martins

Baleigh Renae Hills is gorgeous and is the best girlfriend ever <3! I love her sooo much! 5-27-13 is when the love between us started! God is my #1! I am #1 quarterback for the school I go to! Football and Baseball are my life apart from Baleigh! I love you baby! <3

As you can tell, there is two different sides of their relationship. Chance is the hopelessly loving boyfriend, while Baleigh is the don't-give-a-care, selfish girlfriend. Valerie and all of her other friends knew about their slightly broken relationship.

"Hey lovebirds!" Valerie greeted Mary and Kirkland, smirking as they broke apart with red faces. "So...did it happen yet?"

"Yes, Val. It did happen," Mary answered, rolling her eyes. "He asked me out when we were dancing at the family dinner last night."

"I'm happy for both of you!" Valerie squealed with Mary, hugging her best friend. "I already planned out your couple name."

"Oh god, what is it?" Kirkland questioned, widening his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Mary's waist from behind.

"Maryland." Valerie looked off into the distance, giving it a more dramatic effect.

Mary facepalmed at the new couple name that her best friend came up with. "Val, that's the name of a state. You idiot."

"What's the couple name for Daniel and Valerie?" Kirkland asked his girlfriend, looking down at her eyes that were filled with confusion. "I was thinking Danerie or Vaniel."

"Vaniel or Dalerie!"

If this is how her morning was, Valerie felt like today was going to be a great day. After getting a vehicle, she was ready to face anything.

A/N: This chapter sucks, and I'm very sorry that you guys have to read this chapter. I just wanted to show how Valerie got her a new vehicle and what follows what kind of day she was going to have! Anyways, the next chapter will be better I promise!