Chapter eighteen

In just a few short minutes the whole place was on red alert. Derick was shouting orders at everyone and put the house on lockdown.

Meanwhile, I was ordered to stay with Derick and five other guards at all times. Even though Derick was off of work and supposed to take it easy for a few days it wasn't stopping him from doing his job, protecting me at all costs. The gates and wall were guarded closely and monitored at all times. There were cameras set up everywhere. They were on the wall, gate and even inside the house. The only places without cameras were the bathrooms. Since Derick was supposed to take it easy for a few days he took first watch and checked the cameras regularly. Guards were posted up around the house and even inside the house. They kept close eye on me and Derick both.

When I went anywhere I was followed by Joshua, Sean, Jacob, Michael and Samuel. They were to watch me and protect me when I wasn't with Derick. Granted it got super annoying but I got used to it fast.

The moment I got up from the couch Derick stopped me. "And where are you going?" He asked not looking up from the three monitors in front of him. They had set up a table with three monitors, a tower, keyboard and mouse. He tapped the spacebar and the screens switched to show three more cameras. "Ive got to pee and I'm hungry." I said. Derick nodded and signaled for my guards to take me to the bathroom and kitchen. They made a box around me. Some sort of protection box. One in front, one at the sides and two in the back. I know it's weird but it's the way things are.

Once we got to the bathroom they checked it to make sure it was safe and once that was done I went inside and did my business while they stood outside of the door. Once I was done and washed my hands I opened the door and once again they got in box formation and led me into the kitchen. They stood guard while I made my food. I re-heated some leftover pizza from last night, grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and once I was done they escorted me back into the livingroom. I sat on the couch next to Derick and ate my food quickly. I was hungrier than I thought I was.

Once I was done I was escorted back into the kitchen where I washed my plate and re-filled my water bottle. I then went back to the livingroom where I watched Derick for a little before I got sleepy. I layed my head back onto the couch and closed my eyes just to rest them for a bit but instead I fell into a much welcomed nap.