Chapter 9 : FIRST KISS

The manor's living room is already empty when the clock ticks at 9 pm. But it began yo be occupied late at night when Cassie got enrolled and started to study again outside the manor. As what her mom suggested she took an Educational course at the St. Paul University where John is taking his medicine course.
It has been a year since she started to mingle again with a crowd. It wasn't as easy as what she expected. Most of the time, she was the center of attraction of their class, especially when she trips with her things at the lobby, when she can't help herself from sleeping while their professor is having a lecture and even when she coughs and sneeze. If John wasn't there to help she might gave up and stayed at the manor, but as the days had pass, she realized that being dependent to her parents, nurse and John only makes her weak. And through the courage they were giving to her she slowly learned how to do things on her own.

Her body still needed a lot of adjustment to adapt another environment, but then she still chooses to continue what she started at that University. Though what it seems challenging to her is not the course she's studying... it was the flirty women students who are brave enough to show their feelings for John. Except for Veronica whom John introduces to her as his best friend, Cassie was jealous whenever she sees John chatting with other girls, and most of the times she pretends that she's not jealous of Veronica whenever she caught her looking at John.

Cassie started to pile up her things. She looks at Trixie and took the spiral notebook under its arms. The moment her sister learned how to walk she became her shadow at the manor and whatever she's doing she needed to make Trixie busy on her own. The notebook and the pages of it were full of lines and shapes made out of crayons and pencil.
Cassir looked at her sister, it was already past nine in the evening and she fall asleep at the floor were the crayons scattered around. She smiled and gently carries her sister to their parent's room. When Trixie's nanny got fired, Catherine Dela Cuesta her mom stopped working and became a full time mom to both of them. She decided to let her husband to take charge of the businesses they are running.
After collecting her things Cassie went to her room. She needed to rest. She'd been busy the whole week and she's thankful enough that her Ma Marie is still there to look after her.
At her room, she handed Anna on her bed and began twisting its knob. While listening to its music she thinks of Veronica. She called before they took their dinner to tell that John might not be coming at the manor this night. Cassie is a little skeptical when she received the news... It's not that she don't trust Veronica, she's been good to her after she apologizes on hurting her. She'd become her friend and Veronica itself admit that she was special to her and that she feels that they had something in common which her Ma Marie had notice too. They both have brown eyes and also they both smile in a very similar way.
On the other side Veronica might not be lying at her coz if she were, John must be at the manor before their dinner.

She'd been in the bed for hours but she can't sleep, she went to the balcony and seated at the stool. The memories last year before her birthday came back to her mind and after reminiscing the past she goes back to her room. When she locks the door someone knock on her balcony's door. It's not surprising to her if it was John... staying late at night on her balcony became his past time and of course no one in the manor knows it, not even Veronica.
She smiled widely when John welcomed her in his arms after opening the door. She miss him. She hadn't seen him for the whole day and now the warmth of his embrace makes her feel safe and secured.
John hugged him tight and whispered.

"How was your day?"

Cassie lifted her face and kindly answered the question.

"A little busy in school with my academics. Ma Marie went there and accompanied me to go home. How about you?

Cassie looked his face. I can feel that you're a little mad. Can you tell me the reasons?"