Chapter 5: JOHN L. SEBASTIAN

Cassie can't manage herself to move. It was a great surprised to know that her visitor was the one whom she wants to be a friend - the boy who lived next to manor. She had a lot of thoughts in her mind... She's wondering why he wanted to see her, how does he know her name, why is he carrying a bouquet of flowers. How her mom allow him to visit her at this time... She even forgot that he's the one who sent her home.

"W-w-what do you want from me?" she said in her quivering voice.

"I just came by to check out if you're fine.... Flowers for you, hope you like it." He move forward and gave the bouquet of white flowers to Cassie. "I'd picked them this morning they are still fresh." He still managed to smile while waiting for Cassie to accept the flowers.

Silence reigned between them for a minute. Cassie look straight to his eyes... those stares can't tell if she's afraid of him or she just have those lovely expressive eyes. The visitor tried to touch her soft cheeks, but when he lifted his right hand Cassie ask him question that makes him hang for a moment.

"Uhm... Are you courting me?" she asked innocently and turned her back to look for her favorite sofa. "Have a sit." She said in casual voice and pretends that she's not nervous.

"No I'm not. I'm here to be your friend." He followed her and sat at the classic European three seater sofa in front of Cassie.

"If not, why are you giving me those flowers?" She asked again without leaving her sight on him.

"White symbolizes purity and cleanliness that's why I personally choose white flowers for you. I don't have any bad or rude intentions just like what Veronica did to you this morning. I want you to be my friend."
He looked at her sincerely and he had seen that her eyes were asking. He's not that sure if it is because he impressed her or again maybe she just had those expressive eyes.

"Who is Veronica?" Her forehead wrinkled and she straightened her back on her seat.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Veronica was the girl who uhm... gave you that bruise just this morning. Don't tell me that you'd forget it already?

"Just this morning..." Cassie whispered. "Oh that girl!!! Maybe I'd scare her, she just defended herself. How did you know that we've met?"

Her visitor laughed out loud at what she had said. "I know it because I was there." He paused and looked at her and he knew that Cassie wasn't kidding... "Don't tell me that you really can't remember that I was there?" he stared at her directly in eyes.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" Cassie stood and called Marie... She suddenly felt unease... and keep on asking herself if this is the man who brought her back to Manor.

"Ma Marie!!! Ma Marie!!!" she called.

In just a seconds Marie came with their maid Rose holding a tray of a sandwich and a glass of juice. And with her surprised voice she asked. "What happened is there's something wrong?" she spoke in her mild voice and peeks at their visitor.

"I'm fine, I just want to know who this guy is, why did he know the incident this morning, why is he-

"Shhhh... Cassie calm down, I can't answer those questions that quick" Marie bring her at the part of the living room where their visitor can't hear them. "Okay now ask me... just ask one by one."
Cassie took a deep breath before she asked.
"Ma, he knows my name, how did he know it?"

"Your mom and I told him."

"How about the incident this morning... how did he know it?"

Marie smiled "It's just because he was there"

"No, you're joking... how he will be there?"

"My dear do I look like I'm joking? As a matter of fact he's the one who brought you back here" Marie laughs at her thoughts.

"Honey you're holding him tight this morning like you are his girl can't you remember that?" she continue laughing.

"No, I can't remember him" she lied, she already knows that her visitor was the one who help her and she felt ashamed because of that. "Y- You really are joking...you're laughing", Cassie blushed. "And why is he giving me those flowers?"

"Did you ask him about that?"

"Yes, he said that he was just offering a friendship. Ma, can you tell me his real motive?"

"Cassie I can't answer that question. You better get back and ask him. He might be waiting for you he's a good man like your father treat him good tonight okay?" She pulled Cassie and smiled before she leaves.

When she came back, he was still sitting at the sofa where she left him and was staring at the bouquet of flowers at his hands. The snack that the maid had brought for them was still untouched at the center table. Cassie's visitor didn't know that she's already there. She takes her time and observed silently. His hair is neatly tucked in his ears and because of that she can clearly see his beautiful face. She likes his lips and his nose. They are so beautiful and as perfect as her porcelain doll which her mom bought as a present for her from Paris. He was an inches taller than her dad and his muscles can be trace in his long sleeve. She already knows that he was three years older than her.

After a while she heard him clearing his throat...she was wrong he already knew that she was there and observing...

"Do you still have something to ask?" he was still at the sofa with the flowers. He slowly changed his sight's direction to her. His hair escape from his left ear and he looked so handsome with that pose... a perfect picture pose especially when he smiled.
Her heart beats so loud as if everyone can hear it. She never felt this way before she was lacking in words that she only ask...

"Who are you?"

He stands and walked in her direction. Her eyes widened when he spoke with her face inches away from his face.

"I am John L. Sebastian." He smiled and run again his fingers to his hair.