Chapter 3 : Ma Marie

“Ma Marie, are you tired of me?” Cassie asked her nurse that was busy preparing her next medicine and collecting the empty medicine bottles in her room.

She paused, smile a little and ask. “Tired from you? Why suddenly asked me that?” Marie looked at her. She’s taking her dinner on bed because she’d lost much of her strength on what had happened that morning. She’s crying while their young man neighbor was holding her injured elbow when she found her. Cassie run towards her and held her tight. Mrs. Dela Cuesta, her mother is not happy with that. She's mad after knowing that her daughter's elbow is wounded with blood and it happens outside the Manor and how Cassie leaves without their guards's knowledge. Marie can’t blame her patient’s mother. Never in her life, had she hurt her daughter. She did everything to protect her only child and she was hired as a nurse to attend her needs especially on her case. Cassie is asthmatic, and she needed someone to look at her while the Dela Cuesta couples are not around the Manor.

Cassie ate the last bite size of the chicken meat on her plate; Marie took the tray on her lap and sit beside her. She stared at Cassie’s black eyes wet by tears. From morning till now she was still crying everytime she’ll remember how she got her wound. Her light brown waist length hair was neatly tied and laid on her right shoulder, her left elbow had a bandage to stop her bruise from bleeding. The unfriendly girl from Blossom Street gave her that bruise.

"My poor little Cassie, she don’t know how to protect herself” she said to herself. She’s been attending her for eight years and from that year up to present, she was still the little Cassie that she had met except from the fact that her body is now turning into a young lady. But she still looks and acts younger than her age. Her parents have been so over protective to her. She’s not even well expose outside to mingle with other people and doesn’t even have friends except from the maids and the drivers that she used to play with when she’s a child. But now that she’s a teenager it’s normal for her to be curious in everything. She knows why Cassie intended to leave the manor alone… because she wanted to learn by herself.

“I thought of it… you’re already tired of caring me.” Cassie pouted her lips and lay in her bed facing the window. “I’m sorry, I know it is my fault. Mom gets mad at you because of me… because I disobey you.” she covered her face with her pillow and started to cry.

“Cassie, stop it, haven’t you tired of crying? You’re doing that the whole day, stop it, your tonsils will be irritated if you’ll continue to cry.” Marie said on her soft voice. "Don’t blame yourself come get up you’ll have two more medicines to take.” She gently turned her shoulder and removed the pillow that was still covering in Cassie’s face.

“Why that sad face, come, come take this.” She helped Cassie to sit but keeps on lying again whenever she succeeds on lifting her. “Hey Cassandra, don’t act like you’re dying you should have to take it, or else I’ll packed my things and leave.”

“No!! Ma Marie I’ll take that, don’t leave please” she hurriedly sits and took the medicines from her nurses’ palm. “Ma Marie from now on I’ll do whatever you want me to do, promise.” Cassie hugged her and smiled.

"Hmmm... I will hold on to that... I hope the incident this morning won't happen again... is that a deal?"

"Deal"  Cassie kissed her nurse on her cheeks and hugged her tight again.

Marie laughed and hugged her patient back. “Such a sweet baby girl” she whispered.