Chapter 4: The Visitor

Trembling hands and feet, her heart pounds indifferently, she can't breathe and too scared to get outside her bedroom. But her Ma Marie told her that there's someone who wanted to see her and her mom allowed her to entertain that visitor. Except from her tutor no one visited her especially at night.

"Ma Marie, I can't... why do I have to talk with that visitor? Mom always do that I don't want to", she stepped back inside her room. She's wearing a knee length pink dress paired with black flat shoes and her hair was tied like a pony tail. Her mom asks her to wear that dress for this night. Cassie can't appreciate it and through her young mind that dress is not suited for her. That's one of the reasons why she's too hesitant to come out.

"What's the matter? You're not a little kid anymore you should have known that, and he's your visitor not mine neither your mom's, now get out there." Marie knocks on her room's door.

It took an hour before she decided to leave her room and went down to peek who was visiting her...

The manor's living room is located where the visitors can glance at the garden through the 3 meters wide curtain window. The high ceilinged living room is decorated with antique furniture and had been there since the manor had built. From this room to bedrooms, dining room and kitchen.... every piece of furniture was as old as the oldest resident of the manor except from the modern appliances that are functional only with the use of electricity. She silently observed and brought her sight around. Their family photos are displayed at the china top table near the dining room's entrance, and there he saw a man facing back at her and was looking at their portraits. He's calmly playing with his palms at his back and very comfortable wearing his long sleeve shirt. Her visitor had a shoulder length black hair it was untied and was neatly laid on his back. Cassie had a feeling that he knew this man... his muscles, his height, his body type... he was indeed familiar to her...

"Excuse me?" through her pounding heart she spoke as though she's the only one who can hear it. But it seems like the man heard it loud. He stood straight and turned to see who talked and smiled afterwards. Cassie freeze to where she's standing when she saw who her visitor was.

"Good evening Cassandra, how your elbow is?" he picked the bouquet of white roses from the sofa, run his fingers in his hair and smiled again.