Chapter 6 : WELCOME HOME... TRIXIE

It was a cloudy day when Cassie woke up. The rain started to pours again when she stared at the window. It's been raining for three days and she misses to have a walk outside the manor. She wanted to see the pine trees at the village and smell the scent of it. She's getting bored at her room, her mom and dad wasn't having a breakfast with her for a couple of weeks. When she ask her dad on what makes them busy these days it only says they are doing something and she will be surprised if that will works out. She was staring at the window when her Ma Marie called her to have her breakfast. She wanted to cry, it seems like no one cared for her at the manor except for her Ma Marie. She's not yet hungry and she decided to go back to bed. While resting she saw the flowers at her bedside table. It was the roses which John gave when he visited her five days ago. He said that he will be back to visit her again.

"Thank you for the one who gave you to me" she whispered and wondered how John was. She hasn't heard anything from him since he visited her. She wants to see him again. She's glad and flattered to know that John wants her to be his friend and she's looking forward for his next visit.
After a few minutes she heard a knock on her door.

"Cassie, are you still there?" it was Rose who's calling her.

"Yes I'm here, where is Ma Marie?" she opened the door and let the maid to come in. Rose is two years older than her and one of their newly hired maid.

"She's at the living room with your parents." The maid looked around at the room and observed. "You had a very nice room, suited for a princess like you."

"Thanks." She smiled. "But sometimes sleeping alone in this big room is boring, I feel like I was being quarantined here." She smiled at Rose. There's no reason to become unfriendly to her, she can feel that she's a kind hearted woman. "If you are free you can stay here with me, anyway I'd seen mom and dad when they leave. How come that they are here now this early?

"They'd just arrived a few minutes ago...Ms. Cassie, I had something to do in the kitchen. Can I leave now?" Cassie half smiled at her and nod. She prepared herself and leaves her room. At the living room she saw her Ma Marie and the other maids including Rose murmuring and all of them are encircling around her favorite sofa. She's too curious on what they are looking at and tried to get in to her sofa and looked for an open space. No one sees her like she was invisible but not until she spoke in amazement and remind them that Cassie still exists.

"A baby, how cu -" she didn't finish her words when she noticed that the eyes of the group are all on her. She was kneeling in front of her mom who's carrying the baby and the result of her curiosity gave her yellow dress some dirt on its linings when it kisses some dust on the marble floor and the ribbon on her hair was already removed from where she placed it. She answered them with a smile and turned back to her mother.

"Mom, who is this baby?" she touch its delicate face, her body was wrapped with pink cotton cloth....eyes were closed and sleeping peacefully. "Can we keep this baby?" she asked again.

Her mom looked at the maids and tells them that they can get back to their work. Mrs. Dela Cuesta laughed at her daughter's question. "She's not a thing or any property to keep honey... but from now on you should have to act matured, because you already have a baby sister and we don't have to keep her... we should have to love her. She will be living with us. Do you want to take care of her?

Cassie's eyes gleamed and nod. "Yes mom I'll take care of her," She stand, lifted her right hand and swear. "I'll protect her if someone bullied her."

Her mom laughed again on her gesture. "Honey you should have to give her name first." She said while still laughing.
Cassie kneeled and touched the baby's face again, she smiled and said....

"Welcome home baby... Welcome home Trixie..."

Mrs. Dela Cuesta try to bow her head and kisses Cassie's hair. "I'll explain to you later how we got her" she whispered and wrap her right arm to Cassie.